Sunday, October 8, 2017

Got some stuff done!

I got some smaller, piddly projects done yesterday. Got the reject snowflakes filled with wood filler and sanded, got the shade cloth off the garden, picked off several inch worms that were eating my onions and dusted with diatomaceous earth, set the mouse traps, aired up the tires in the scooter and took it out for a spin around the park.

 



Today I went to breakfast with the neighbors. When we got back Glen hooked up his trailer to the 4x4 to haul Jack's tree stump to the land fill. I took advantage of that and dug up the cactus that needed to go. I cut a few paddles to keep, the rest went to the dump.

Went from this...


To this.... The aloe will stay where it is until I figure out where it is going to go. Now I can start working on a perennial garden as the funds allow. The fountain will be rebuilt in or near the perennial garden when the time comes. In the meantime, it is a watering hole for the critters, so it will stay for now.


This is the new cactus garden outside the fence...there are a few more that need to go in but they are cuttings and need to dry out for a few days. Will put them in later.



I'm glad to have that project done. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all those cactus and it worked out beautifully.

I do have three more cactus in the corner of the yard that need to either go or be relocated. I think I will keep all the cactus outside the fence and non injury causing plants inside the fence.

I have also sprayed the snowflakes with white paint getting them ready for whatever I am going to do with them. There were 16 rejects, I filled and sanded all of them and painted eight of them white.


The little cactus cut outs stand out more against the white. I also have the little cut outs, they sent those too.

I'm hurting from this morning's gardening, so the rest of the day is R&R. Seems like we just got back from breakfast, but I am already hungry. Time to get something to eat. Then maybe a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment