Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The craft fair on Saturday was quite disappointing. It was more of a social day than a profitable one. A lot of vendors didn't even make a sale. I sold less than $50, and between the cost of the table, food, and the tomato plant I bought, $8 was my profit. This was my third year doing this craft fair. Seems that the people get fewer and fewer each year. I really think it is the location. It is miles away from anywhere on a dirt road, and definitely out of the way. People have to make a special effort to get there. I believe a different location would do a lot better.


My table was a quick and easy setup and an even quicker breakdown. The black display boxes seemed to work well. It worked out that my table was two sided which was even better. If I choose to do any sort of fair on the road, I have an established and tried setup now. That was my main goal and it was a success.

Things are finally starting to turn green and bloom. My jonquils are starting and the bluebells have been going for almost a week now. The snowdrops are just about going by. This morning I noticed the leaves on my lilac have popped over night.


Was an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday. The second in a row that I got to wear shorts and sandals. I'm going to try to wear them again today, but it isn't supposed to be as nice. I would be very happy to put the jeans away for another season.


One of yesterday's many projects was to fix the bottom of Ody's door where it was coming apart. It got slammed in the wind last week and it was just too much for it. Some self tapping screws and some heavy duty duct tape did the trick. Should be good for a while now. Although, I may put a coat of paint on the duct tape.


I wrapped up the day by planting some seed in my singer planter. I planted spinach, collards, bok choy, mustard greens, swiss chard and italian dandelion greens. I need to set up a pot for some radishes and another for lettuce. I don't know how long I am going to be here, and it is greens season. I'm sure I can find a home for them if I have to leave before they are ready.


And last but not least, I got my fountain going yesterday. :) A sure sign of warmer weather. It is about time.



2 comments:

  1. I loved all your pictures. Good luck with your plantings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! It is hard not to do all my usual plants, but if I leave here in a month or so, I don't want to have to deal with finding them homes.

    ReplyDelete