Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A clean awning and a reorganized storage area.

 Still waiting....I had expected to hear something by now. Sigh........

Making progress on getting Ody set up and cleaned up. Yesterday was awning cleaning day. It was really, really nasty. Lots of old and rotten debris, even lichen growing on the edge of the roof. I used the Camco awning cleaner. It didn't get all the stains out, but it did get out the mold and dirt and cleaned up the housing and roof edge. Looks much, much better. When I started the project, it was beautiful out. But sometime during the scrubbing, we picked up gusty winds. I managed to get it done and dried without any major mishaps, but I was very nervous about the wind.

This is what I started with....



By the time I got done, this is how she looked...



No more green awning and roof edge. I know, I should have gotten a better before pic. Sorry. 

Today my storage bins came. I got a dozen of the large 64 qt ones and 16 of the smaller ones. I pulled out the rubber maid stacking bins and replaced them with the new ones. Much neater, much more convenient, and much more efficient. A lot of the bins aren't full and I have several of the larger ones that are still empty and almost all of the smaller ones that are empty. Once I get my craft stuff in there, I will rig up the cargo nets.

From this...


To this...


This is the other side where all my jewelry and craft stuff will go.


The sheepskin pad and attachment for my cordless drill came yesterday. I can now start working on the fiberglass shell and get rid of the chalking. I did a little section by hand the other day and it is making a difference. Even brought back the blue along the bottom. Although you really can't tell by the picture.


I'm keeping myself busy. Gathering things for life on the road, or at least in a very small space. I have researched and figure out what composting toilet I will be buying, tires, tow bar, etc. A lot has to wait until I sell this place and get the money. Will have to camp locally for a little while until I can get all the work done and Ody ready to hit the road. 






No comments:

Post a Comment