Tuesday, April 28, 2020

So very sad

We lost Lois on Sunday. Two and a half weeks after Rusty died. They will both be missed. Both COVID 19 with underlying health issues.

We also lost Hal on Wednesday. Age related illness. That is three in just three weeks here in the park. Friends and neighbors.

This is a very sad time. Just got word another friend will most likely loose her husband very soon. Parkinsons and cancer. It is beginning to be overwhelming. So much loss and sadness.

On the positive side, I decided it was time I did something, anything. I have done nothing but read for the last four or five weeks, and I am getting tired of that. I am taking steps to getting my life back, a whole new normal. I just signed up for the real estate class.

There are so many variables and unknowns. Will I be able to do it? Will I like it? Will I find work if I pass the exam and get licensed? I had to spend money on the class when I am out of funds and don't know where any will be coming from. A calculated risk. I hope it will pay off. I'm afraid I won't be able to understand it, but I have always done well in adult education classes and of course my copier repair training, so I should do well with this. But I am still afraid I will fail. But I need to earn some money and now is the perfect time to take the class since we can't go out and do anything. That was all before my surgery and pump head. Have had memory and cognitive issues since then. I'm hoping it has been long enough for my brain to recover. If not, I guess I will have to find a way around it.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment