Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Argentine Giant Cactus

The Argentine Giant cactus next door is blooming. The buds just sort of popped out of nowhere, and I watched them open yesterday afternoon, and they were fully open this morning. Sadly, they will be gone by mid day.








Nine blossoms with more buds in the works.

Started out like this yesterday morning...


Opened throughout the day.....




This morning....


And the blossoms are huge!


And a close up with my phone. Nice photo, but not quite in focus so I went and took the top photos with the real camera.


I have been enjoying my weekend off. Haven't done a lot knowing that I will have all of next week to do whatever I don't do this weekend. I am looking forward to having my days to myself again. I have a lot to do, a lot I want to do, and can't do much of anything while I am working. I still don't know how I managed all those years to work full time and still have a life. 

The golf cart is back and looks a whole lot better. Keith did a good job cleaning her up. Still back fires tho. Will get that figured out at some point. Am going to try the cover on it today as it is supposed to rain Friday and I can't put it under cover. 

Chad and SusAnn left yesterday morning. I will be using their covered driveway for my car this summer. Handy, just the other side of the back fence. I am grateful to be able to put the car under cover and out of the summer sun. I don't use it much in the summer and all that sun isn't good for it or my new tires.

Today I have to go to the post office and pick up a few things at the store. I am now in "economy" mode since I won't be having any more paychecks, although I don't know how much more thrifty I can be. I don't really spend a lot of money, (Yeah, I know, the trailer and the golf cart were not necessities, a girl has to have some fun tho.) it is more about keeping expenses down at this point and keeping myself entertained indoors when it is 120 degrees outside. It just might be watercolors this year. Have had the materials for a couple of years now, time to figure out if it is something I can do.






No comments:

Post a Comment