Wednesday, June 15, 2016

1st day

This will be a quickie this morning as I have to be at work at 6 AM. It is stocking day. We will have two hours to get as much on the shelves as possible before the store opens. Starting Saturday the store will open at 7 AM. I’m a morning person, but even that is a little early for me. I guess I will adjust.

Yesterday was fine. I spent four hours on training on the computer and two hours on the register. There is a lot to learn and even more since I will be a key holder. Hard to say after only one day, but I think it is going to be OK. I’m only about a third of the way thru the online training. Get this, instead of counting money when the drawers are opened and closed, the money is weighed, including the bills. What a time saver! And cashiers don’t count out their own drawers.

After I got home I changed the water in the cool tub. The morning bleach did not clear up the tank. The whole process took about two hours. The tank was emptied in about an hour with the sump pump, and then refilled in another hour. The water coming out of the hose was 92 degrees, so it was more like a bath than cooling off. 

I wore the lighter pair of jeans that I got which was good because I was warm. I wonder if they would be willing to put a little fan behind the register? It was comfortable in the office, but the register is right by the door which is open a lot. I’m glad I bought four shirts, I think I am going to need them.

I am certainly going to get my exercise. I will be wearing my tracker, so it will be interesting to see how much. Being a key holder means I will be spending most of my time on the floor.

Guess that is about it for me this morning. Not much else to write about. My back hurts this morning - it is the change in shoes. And my feet hurt last night after only two hours of standing. Good thing I have a huge bottle of Aleve.

Looking forward to my first paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment