Saturday, June 11, 2016

Snake!

Yesterday was actually quite productive. I took the cardboard and trash to the dumpster with the golf cart, cleaned out the fridge, and since I had to go to DG, I hit the post office and gas station since I didn’t fill up when I got back from Blythe the other day. It was too hot. Also picked up another bag of ice. If I am conservative, I use about a bag a week. 

While I was out with the golf cart I made my stops at the places I am supposed to be keeping an eye on. At one place I took some pictures. There was a palm tree just full of bees! I didn’t realize it until I was right under it, so I took some pictures with my phone. In one of the pictures, I got more than I expected….


Look in the lower left of the picture. See the black and white stripes? I didn’t see it until I looked at the picture, it is a King Snake. I wish I had seen it so I could have gotten a better picture of this snake 15ft up a palm tree. I had an experience and didn’t even know it. Was probably after dove eggs.

Here are a couple pics of the bees in the palm…I went back with a better camera, but didn’t dare get close enough to find the snake. Bees out here can be dangerous.




Baby bunny from yesterday..To give you an idea of it’s size, it is smaller than a mourning dove. So cute!





And a closeup of my Tarantula Hawk Wasp that comes every morning for water. It has already been here this morning.


The little lizard that hangs out under the bench by the shed…


I sliced my limes and the cherry tomatoes that were getting ready to go bad and put them in the food dryer. I still have my pineapple that I will cut today, some peppers and a cuke. I need to do something with those. Now that I have the dryer, I don’t feel so bad if I don’t get the stuff eaten immediately. It has a second chance as a dehydrated fruit or veggie.

Tossing around some home improvement ideas. Maybe enclose the back end of the patio where the cool tub is. That would give me an additional room. Lots of add on rooms here. We’ll see. Nothing I can do right now anyway. I should deal with the ugly wall paper, cupboards and floors first. And it will take time to get the funds together to do that. Working isn’t going to make me rich, but I do hope I will be able to save a few dollars. Get my stash back up to where it is supposed to be and maybe do a few things around the house.

I could make it a solar room, everything in it running off solar…that would be a fun project. Jake would have had fun with that too. Something to think about. The back set of brick steps would have to go or be modified. Not sure how that would work. Will have to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment