Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Lots accomplished yesterday

So, yesterday was pretty busy. I did everything I had planned and more. I got all the zucchini and peppers cleaned sliced and roasted with onion and olive oil. They were just getting to the point where they were starting to go bad. I used the last of the three onions that came in my basket too. I did the brussels, and again, just in time. Quite a bit of waste. The bunnies will be happy about that. I should have added the last of the shrooms, but didn’t think about it until it was too late. I will do something else with those, maybe stuff them.

I went to the post office, DG and Sal’s. Dropped ten bucks at Sal’s but came out with a pretty good haul. Got some utensils for the trailer, TWO Victoria’s Secret bathing suits, a couple of tops, two wooden bowls for a project, some place mats and a cactus print place mat as well. I don’t usually spend that much, but the bowls were a buck each and I need them for a project. The bathing suits were a buck each too. Oh and I got a couple of bags. One orange zippy thing that I can carry my little camera in and a denim zip one with a painted front. 

This is what I want to make with the bowls…

I did try my hand at  making the yogurt. It took longer to get it to mix and set stage than I thought, but was very easy to do. I just heated a quart of milk in the crock pot until it hit 180 degrees, then let it cool to 120 and added a tablespoon of plain yogurt, then wrapped it in towels and let sit over night. It looked pretty good when I transferred it to a container, I just hope it will set up. I could probably do it faster on the stove than in the crock pot, but now I have an idea of the amount of time it will take for future reference.

I found some feathers yesterday that were different from any that I had collected before. I thought maybe a hawk, but Anna says pigeon.

I saw some pigeon feathers this morning and they weren't this large and were half white. So maybe something other than a pigeon.

My walk was interesting this morning. I pretty much chased a coyote around the park. I know he started out over here because Bea’s sensor light came on and I couldn’t see anything. Then I saw him at the end of A St (mine) when I started my walk. I came upon him again on F St having caught and was trying to have his breakfast (said brown pigeon), and then again back on A St when I was wrapping up my walk.

And last but not least, I got a picture of the tarantula hawk. It was a small one, about two inches. Looked like it was drinking water from the rocks near the fountain.

I did get pics with the big camera, so there will be better shots some other time. 

As for temps, I saw 106 yesterday and it will steadily get warmer through Saturday, then slowly drop into the low 100’s for another week. Then it will probably warm up again.

Not much on the agenda for today. I will probably take a scooter run to the dumpster, and several dips in the cool tub. I used it a couple of times yesterday. Last night I couldn’t open the windows because it never cooled down enough and I used the swamp cooler again in the bedroom. It makes a huge difference in there. It was quite a bit warmer in the living room than the bedroom when I got up this morning. I would be running a fan in the bedroom anyway, might as well be one that puts out cooler air.

No comments:

Post a Comment