Sunday, July 27, 2014

Getting down to the wire.

I'm starting to feel the pressure now to get the building emptied out. Spent a good part of yesterday putting in some wire shelves to optimize some of the dead space. I put a shelf in the cupboard over the sink for the smaller stuff. It was wasted space.

And one in the printer cubby, a small one for ink cartridges and stuff. Then one on the base of the tray table. No sense in loosing that floor space.

Jake's urn is in and secured, plus a couple of other hanging hooks. And I moved some stuff from the work room. I really am going to have to reduce some more. I can't keep everything I want to keep. :( I could consider storing some stuff, but didn't want to do that. My friend Iola offered some space in her storage container. I am going to try not to do that tho. So today's goal is to remove some stuff from Ody. I am going to have to be even more ruthless than I was the last time.

It is looking like Kali Cat isn't going to get to keep her cat tree. Not enough room. I haven't given up yet, maybe we can keep one level. Will give it a try.

I need to get the Jeep sold, the washer and dryer sold, and finish moving the work room and kitchen/pantry. Plus the bathroom needs to be done too. Other than that, I am just about done. I have until Thursday evening to get stuff moved in and out of Ody, will have another yard sale Friday and Saturday and then donate the leftovers. That should wrap it up finally. Then comes the big stuff like removing the fence (sold), the heaters and other fixtures that have been spoken for. I will continue to use the bathroom in the building right up until closing. Might as well use it while I have it.

Ernest came and did the yard for the last time yesterday. It looks nice. He flushed out a good sized toad. I discovered it taking refuge in the courtyard. 

My volunteer sunflower this year is growing in an odd spot. Right between the bark and the wood of the stump. It has about a half dozen buds on it. I'm sorry I am not going to get to see them all bloom.

Surprisingly, I am actually sleeping half ways decent on my makeshift bed. Took a few nights to get used to it, but having it on the storage bins is working out. Going to need those bins in a couple of days tho, so will most likely have to start sleeping in Ody. Planning on doing that the last week anyway. Want this place emptied out and only the bathroom in use by then. I do miss my recliner tho. Tried the zero gravity chair, but that is only good for relaxing. Can't just put my feet up, when I do that, the top reclines. Makes it hard on my neck to watch TV or read. I have been sitting at the counter watching on my little macbook air instead, with my bose speaker. So happy I got that.

I am stressed. I'm afraid I am not going to get it all done, even tho I am almost finished and have almost two weeks to go. I am scared, big changes. No home to come back to. Driving unfamiliar roads with a rig I am not used to driving. Not going to have a car. This will be the first time since I got my drivers license that I will not have had a car. Basically, fear of the unknown. What if I don't like full timing? Where will I go? I won't have enough money to buy a place since it took so long for me to get out of here. Worried about Kali Cat and how she will take to the road. Her age and health. So many things to worry about!

I did get the height measured yesterday while Ernest was here. 9 ft, 6 in. I should fit thru most underpasses. Even the one heading to Norton. I thought I was going to have problems there. I will just have to stay aware of my surroundings.

It has stopped raining for the time being. I guess it is time I get to work. Lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment