Thursday, July 24, 2014

Unofficially official

Received a forwarded email yesterday confirming the August 8th target. I don't have any paperwork yet so it isn't "official". But close enough to work with.

I started out with good intentions yesterday, my goal was to get the work room cleared out. But I am hesitant to put any more stuff in the rig, I'm afraid that it is already over weight, but I still need to move some stuff in. I guess I need to just go ahead and do it, and then figure out if I have to get rid of some ballast after I get her weighed. It was also just way too hot and humid to do much. I did get the cargo hitch basket rigged up. Got some square u bolts, used a metal packing piece I had saved from when I bought the washer and used Jake's tool box to create a "trunk" for Ody.



At the moment, I have tools in there. I may have to relocate them when it comes time to load everything up, but will figure that out then. The bottom of that tool box is about a half inch thick, so I am not worried about it breaking, but will probably strap it anyway. It should travel just fine the way it is. I don't have the key for the push button lock, and I refuse to pay 30 to 50 dollars for a replacement, so I will just have to use padlocks. Those I already have.

It is and will be much cooler today. I need to walk, didn't yesterday. And I need to get the work room or the pantry cleaned out. Once I get those done, I will need to work on liquidating the rest of the stuff that I can't take with me. Sorely tempted to just donate or give it away and be done with it. But I could really use the cash.

I have to say, this time in my life is very unsettling. I am finding that I am procrastinating, mostly because I am scared. Everything is unknown at this point, and I won't have a home to come back to. I'm not crazy about driving, did enough of that when I was a copier tech. I used to make Jake do most of the long distance driving. I hate driving through traffic and cities, but am hoping I will adjust. Getting rid of a lifetime of stuff has been painful, still is as I am not done yet. I have never been one for big changes, and I have a major life change in front of me right now. All of this would be so much easier if Jake were doing this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment