Monday, July 21, 2014

LED Bulbs

I ordered my LED replacement bulbs for Ody this morning. They weren't cheap and I needed 12 of them. But they will save me huge amounts of power, and I will only have to do it once and it will be done. I did order one spare...just in case. I also ordered my Road ID this morning. ( http://RoadID.com/invite/4GBTB-TAFZ4PZ44XR ) I put my name on it, the fact that I am diabetic and my Advanced Directive registration number on it. The AD has all the other important info that might be needed if I can't answer for myself. There are other things I need, but I can only do a little at a time. I sold the macbook pro, and that is what is paying for the light bulbs. Just about an even swap.

I got rid of the yard sale leftovers yesterday. Lost half a day waiting for them to show and pick the stuff up, but it is gone and the porch is the emptiest it has been in years!



I do have a few things that I didn't donate that still need to be sold, but can sell them individually. The cart, chrome shelf, quilts and the lot of rings. Planning on breaking down the ring lot and selling them in smaller quantities. They don't seem to be selling as a large lot, and I can probably get more money in smaller lots.

I figured out a way to make the bed a little more comfortable. I have four of my storage bins under the mattress to lift it off the floor. The mattress is sturdy enough that it isn't drooping and it is much easier to navigate. I don't have to roll over onto my knees to get out of bed. I can just sit up and get up. The plastic bins seem to be holding up OK too. I wasn't sure they would.



The rugs are all gone. Including the matching rug to the ones I put in Ody that was in the kitchen . I considered keeping it for outside the door, it is an indoor/outdoor rug, but I didn't have an easy place to store it when it isn't in use. So I let it go.

Today I need to take the laptop to the post office, walk (it has been several days), spend some time outside figuring out what has to go and how. And maybe figure out the cat situation in Ody. I have been avoiding that, but need to deal with it soon.

I ordered a cat carrier the other day. I'm hoping I never have to use it, but will have it just in case. I had two of them. Loaned one out and gave one away. Never got the loaned one back. The new one is soft sided and can be folded up for storage, so I guess it all works out.

I sold my recliner Friday. Now I have to learn how to live recliner free. When I wake up at 2:30 or 3:30 in the morning now, I just get up since I don't have the recliner to switch to. Will have to learn how to nap on the mattress laying down instead of in the recliner. So many changes!

Will today be the day I get a closing date? Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment