Friday, May 27, 2016

Coyote

I keep thinking today is Saturday - but it isn’t. Good thing I have my computer to keep me straightened out.

I got myself showered and dressed and went off to the post office on the scooter. It didn’t take much longer than it would have with the car. The scooter goes a hair slower than the speed limit. It was a nice day for a ride too. With it’s current charge I could probably take at least another trip to the post office, if not two. Nice to know.

The rest of the day was pretty much spent reading.

A little excitement this morning. The neighbors dog was going nuts, and when I looked, there was a coyote just on the other side of my fence. Of course I didn’t have my big camera, but I did have my phone so I did get a picture, just not as good as I would have liked. I actually missed the best shot right out front because I hit the wrong button on the phone. Go figure.

 

So that is four that I have seen in about a week.

Today I am going to set up my time lapse camera and try to get the cactus blossom opening. I haven’t used the camera in ages and need to read the instructions. I also put new batteries in it. Hopefully I will get it.

I didn’t walk this morning because I missed the walking window between daylight and sunrise. TV was so bad last night I crashed early and then of course was up in the wee hours. By the time I got up the second time, it was too late.

I’m probably going to go to CA to see Georgia in the next couple of weeks. Jojoba Hills near Temecula. That is about a half day’s drive from here and is supposed to be quite a bit cooler. She makes silver jewelry. Will be nice to get out and do something and see something new.

I don’t have anything on the agenda for today. I have already started up the tank filter as it is already warm here and I will be using it. I had a hard time cooling down the house last night too. Only managed to get it down to about 76 degrees. I probably could have gotten it cooler if I used the window over the desk, but with the curtain there, it almost isn’t worth the trouble. But I guess I will set that fan back up since it is getting harder to cool the house down. The big fan in front of the sliding door just isn’t working. Can’t get the fan close enough to the door to suck in the cooler air.

No comments:

Post a Comment