Sunday, March 13, 2016

Grapefruit blossoms!

Was kind of a long day at work yesterday. For the most part, it was slow. We did have moments of crazy, but they were few and far between. By the time I got home I was beat. Yesterday was Kenny's last day, he is heading home Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Not much to write about today. I have plenty of things on my To Do list, the irrigation projects and shade sail just to name a couple of them. I also want to get something accomplished on the trailer this weekend. I would also like to do something fun, but I don’t have much hope for that.

I had considered getting fish and chips for dinner again last night, but even tho they are only $11, I decided not to spend the money. I sliced up some potatoes and baked them, but it wasn’t the same. I only have a couple more paychecks before I don’t have any more, so I need to be careful about what I spend. 

I need to slice and hang my lemons to dry before they go bad. Thought about juicing them, but then I would have to freeze them and I am not sure I would use the juice.

I was up around 4 this morning, but I went back to sleep for an hour or so. I just wasn’t ready to start my day. Still not, but will have to at some point soon.

The grapefruit tree is blooming! Patches of multiple blossoms. Not the whole tree, but a definite improvement over last year's two blossoms.




The tree when I moved in last year.... It hadn't been getting any water.


This is what it looks like now. Seems to be very happy.


Plus, one of the four lilac cuttings has green buds on it! Yay! Was hoping I would get at least one cutting to do something. It is way at the bottom by the soil. Once that gets a little further along, I will get a large pot and some soil and get it planted in it's own container.





No comments:

Post a Comment