Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Finally got the battery box changed

Well, I got the old box off the front of the trailer and the new one installed. Of course, nothing is every easy. Wasn’t as simple as it sounds. The new box didn’t fit on the tongue the way it was supposed to and I had to create a support for it. I took the metal edging off the old one, cut it and made that the bracket for the new box. We should be good now.

I still need to get everything wired back up, but that can wait until I get some sort of container built, bought or created for the batteries inside the box.

Can’t just have them bouncing around in there. Plus all that metal and the possibility of a stray wire.. I have some sheets of foam, maybe I will line the box with that. I did loose some storage, but did get several things in there that were in the old box including the boot for the trailer tire and the orange cones. 

I finished that up around 2 and spent the rest of the day reading and relaxing. It was in the upper 80’s and I didn’t want to move around a whole lot. Changing the boxes did wear me out.

Today I need to do what little shopping needs to be done. I also have to go to the post office. And want to stop at Sal’s. I need to prep for the yard sale on Friday. I won’t have a lot of time to get things ready or cleaned up after.  Tomorrow is back to work. The weekends go so very fast. I need to sort some stuff in the cupboards and pull a few things I’m not using. Try to make more than I would if I had worked.

I took the last of the Z-pack last night. Happy to have that finished. I am feeling better, but still have a ways to go. Hopefully I will start feeling like myself again very soon. The Z-pack is messing with my stomach.

Oh, I saw my first lizard of the season in the yard yesterday. And I had both window fans going all night. First time of the season. 

1 comment:

  1. Antibiotics used to tear my stomach up too until a kind pharmacist in Alaska told me to eat yogurt when I took them and I did and from then on I never had stomach problems with antibiotics again. If you haven't tried that, you might like to give it a try. Your new box looks sharp. :)