Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pretty good haul from Sal's yesterday

I went to DG and Sal’s yesterday. DG had a few more things on the shelf, so I got a few of the things I wasn’t able to get last week. I also picked up some canned strawberries and some canned mangoes. Looking forward to trying them. At Sal’s I got a license plate holder and a mirror for the “truck” (golf cart). They had a dollar per bag sale on clothes so I filled a bag with tops and even if I only wear one or two, I think I will have gotten my money’s worth and there are several I will wear. I got a pretty red cotton rug too. I got that all washed and hung out to dry. The rug is now in the bathroom and I will be wearing one of the new tops to work today. I have to decide where the mirror is going to go, but there isn’t any rush on that. But it is really freaky driving something with no mirrors.

I read a book, took a nap and then took the truck out for a spin. It is running pretty poorly, so this morning I ordered the tune up kit, a new carburetor and some gas additive. Plus, I ordered a drive cover which means I don’t have to take it off and put it back on every time I use it. It has vinyl windows and doors and will keep the rain out when the monsoons arrive since I can’t put it under cover. I looked at waterproof canvas for the seats this morning but couldn’t decide on a color or a print, so I am waiting on that. I did get a great idea for the back this morning and it is something I can get at Herb’s today. They have these large tubs for mixing concrete or whatever that will make a great truck bed with a little reinforcement. I am also going to get one for my veggie garden and get that going. They are less than $10 each. Good solution for now. I will reinforce the one that goes on the truck. Thinking a wooden insert for the base with some drain holes for any rain since it is a solid tray.

Keith is going to come get it tomorrow and check the brakes, clean the plug and putter and tinker with it. If I know him, he will give it a good cleaning as well. He volunteered and it will only cost me materials. He used a little rubbing compound on a spot on the front and it is going to clean up nicely. Will end up with a shine again. Fiberglass dulls in the sun if it isn’t taken care of and this is like 23 years old.

Today I go back to work. Sigh…I am so looking forward to not having to do that for a while.

Well, I need to get moving. I am running late because I was up in the wee hours and I tried to get another hour of sleep. It is going to be a really long day today. At least it is a bit cooler. Was in the 70’s yesterday and is supposed to be the same today. Nice. Wish it would stay like this longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment