Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Spring!



Happy Spring! I bet you are thinking “finally!”. And today is Mike’s birthday. Happy Birthday Mike!

I had an unexpected afternoon off yesterday. It was slow enough at work so that when I went to lunch they told me not to come back. Whatever. Mixed feelings. I lost about $20, but I also wasn’t bored out of my skull. So I came home, ate lunch, did laundry and read a book out on the patio. It was warm, we hit about 94 degrees. 

I finally got the fan moved out of the west window so I don’t have to mess with the curtain every day. Took a while to get the front (north) window open. I don’t think it had been opened in years and years. Now that the laundry is done, I shouldn’t have any excuse not to get an early start on the trailer batteries and solar. It has been several weeks and I think I have all the parts I need to get that up and running again. It should only take a couple of hours - hopefully.

I have managed two days where I haven’t eaten anything I am not supposed to, or snacked at all. That is pretty good. Shooting for three.

I could hear the music coming from the Rock Fiesta last night. I didn’t hear it much the night before because I crashed early and was already asleep when it got really loud. I feel bad for the people that live right beside it, but it is only a two day festival and last night was the last night. Hopefully it brought a fair amount of money into the town. Q is used to the large influx of people, but not the noise this brought.

I think I am going to take one of my storage bins and drill some holes, fill it with soil and plant up some veggie seeds. Or I might build a short planter box. Haven’t decided yet. Takes too much soil to fill the large pots and I don’t need the depth that the large pots have. I only need about eight or ten inches of depth, give or take. And if I can grow my own greens that would save quite a bit of money and they would be fresh. I hate buying stuff and not using it and having to throw it out. Lettuce especially. I have some in the fridge right now that will have to go to the bunnies. The bunnies are quite picky. They don’t like cabbage and they didn’t touch the mustard green tops I tossed over there yesterday. They like lettuce and carrots. They won’t touch watermelon rinds either. I will have to keep the planter box on the plant bench as they do like seedlings and plants.

28 h (1,934.5 mi) via I-40 E and I-44 E  Q to Mukwanago WI
15 h 46 min (1,067.8 mi) via ON-401 E Mukwanago to IP VT
3 h 8 min (145.3 mi) via ME-219 E  IP to Augusta
54 min (45.0 mi) via US-202 E and ME-3 E  Augusta to Belfast
1 h 42 min (100.0 mi) via ME-3 W and I-295 S Belfast to Falmouth
10 h 58 min (681.6 mi) via US-13 S  Falmouth to Virginia Beach
36 h (2,480.3 mi) via I-40 W  Virginia Beach to Quartzsite

6455 miles….I don’t think I am up to that, it isn’t going to happen. As much as I would like to, and I really would like to, finances are saying no, and that is a lot of miles to drive alone and a lot of big cities to drive thru (big city driving freaks me out). That is more than double the miles I drove to get here.  :(  I am, however, considering a much shorter trip. I still have property here in northern AZ and NM that I still haven’t seen. I would be willing to haul the trailer that far. Plus, It would be such a waste to get the trailer done and not use it. I could do that trip for the cost of gas. I don’t think my stomach could handle the stress of another long trip. I would stress out every morning before I started driving. Thankfully I made it here without incident. Had a couple of close calls tho. Flying is out of the question due to the expense and I don’t want to be without my car. I hated not having a car to do the things I wanted to do while I was traveling. There were places I wanted to see, but Ody was too cumbersome to sightsee in. Roswell being one of them. I wanted to revisit the UFO museum and see a couple of other places that Jake and I had gone to together. But it didn’t happen.

I also need to get down to Yuma and spend some time with Howard and Barbara before they head out for the summer. They have had a rough winter, both being treated for one form of cancer or another. And I haven’t been to Yuma in over a year. It’s only an hour and a half away. Could even be a day trip. I wish I knew when I will be stopping work or if I will have any hours during the summer. I can’t make any plans because I haven’t a clue.

Well, it is time for me to get moving if I am going to get any work done on the trailer today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment