Friday, November 13, 2015


I’m cold this morning. It is about 40 degrees, or was when I got up at 3 AM. Probably colder now. I have already turned on the heat. I don't remember it being this cold last year.

I have spent the last hour or so looking for a christmas quilt set for the bedroom. Unfortunately, all the ones I like are way too expensive. I will keep looking tho, new things are listed on eBay every day. The one I have is too small for this bed. But that was an eBay find too. For now, I have ordered a king size flannel sheet set, and can use that, just throw it over my existing quilt and shams.

Was interesting at work yesterday. Thankfully the phone stayed quiet since it is behind my new register. Was actually less stress on that side. It wasn’t as busy as it should have been, there were times where the day felt like it was going at a crawl. I changed into my hiking boots, it was definitely warmer on my feet, but I could barely walk by the time I got home last night. My feet just aren’t used to being enclosed, and my right foot is getting a bunion, and that hurt too. I may have to wet the shoes down and wear them, but I will need to wait for a warmer day for that. I don’t know where I would go to buy a good pair of shoes around here. It is back to my Teva’s today, cold feet and all. 

I took back the parts and pieces for the electric that I didn’t need and brought home 12 cinder blocks. I am going to make a hearth for the propane stove, bring it up to a level where I can easily bend over and fire it up. Right now, I have to get down on my knees, and then I can’t get up. I also treated myself to a new tool, a butane soldering iron/torch. It is a cute little thing. I’m looking forward to trying that out. They also have a dremel router I am interested in. I just love my tools and gadgets. :)

Per usual, I was asleep early. I always am on work days. Of course that means I was up at 3 AM. Going to be a long day.

Had chowder for dinner last night. I don’t often make something that I really, really like, but that chowder came out so good. I’m enjoying it. One more night and it will be gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment