Sunday, November 1, 2015

Chili and chairs

I didn’t do a whole lot yesterday. I just seem to be out of motivation. I did haul in one of my outdoor recliners, and moved the other two around a little to make room for it. It is going to be much better. One of the neighbors came and looked at the chairs, thought she was going to buy them, but she didn’t. I have them listed on FB. Hoping they go soon, the room just isn’t big enough for three chairs.

The outdoor chair is much more to my liking, more my style and a lot more comfortable. Easier to cover too. I just wrapped the blanket around the cushion and tucked it in, and the foot rest covers from the new chair fit this chair. Barely, but close enough. No sewing involved. I should have just brought those chairs in to begin with, would have saved money, and less energy and frustration. I’m trying to figure out if there is a way I can arrange the room so that it doesn’t look like everything is lined up on the walls. I still need to make a cover for the ottoman and a small pillow for my neck for TV watching. I have plenty of material to reuse, so it won’t be that difficult.

I also ran a couple of cycles thru the washer, one with bleach, one with vinegar. Hopefully that will stop the smell. It wasn’t a strong smell, but it was unpleasant and I don’t like my house to stink when people come in. You don’t smell it when the windows are open, but I have been closing them during the day.

This morning I put the package of chili mix that I got in my halloween raffle in the crock pot. Chili for dinner. I may make a package of the muffins too. Not on my list of acceptable foods, but as long as I don’t eat them all at once (I have been known to do that), should be ok.

I went to the ice cream social at 2, had a little ice cream and a small piece of chocolate cake. I can’t remember the last time I had ice cream. I stayed long enough to be polite, then took a scooter ride around the park. I wanted to take a nap, but by then it was too late in the day.

Now that halloween is over, I can start on my xmas decorations. Next weekend I have 5 days off in a row when the new schedule goes into effect, I hope I can get something done then. I may also save my trip to Blythe for then. Get what I need locally tomorrow. I can’t wander far because of Ody. Although I do have a guy coming from Phoenix to look at her today. I already told him about the floor, so he knows about that. I don’t want to hide it, but to a lot of people that would be a deal breaker. Keep your fingers crossed….it would be really nice to have that done with. Pay off my bills and start on my trailer. I will go over before he gets here and make sure the generator starts. Not sure why I had to jump it the last time, but I don’t need it not starting when I show it. The battery should be good.

I visited with Vicki yesterday morning, met Beverly from across the street. Showed the chairs, and puttered a little. Finished the book I started the day before. Not a whole lot. Of course, I fell asleep in front of the TV. I did watch the Age of Adeline movie I bought. It was OK. I’ll See You In My Dreams is going to be better, I’m sure. With any luck, I will be able to watch that one tomorrow. I will have to go out and will see if it is in my mailbox.

Oh, I ordered a pair of the zero gravity outdoor chairs yesterday to replace the recliners that I am moving inside. They will fold and store and I will be able to put them in my camper. I settled for a darker red, more of a maroon since the bright red ones were $20 more. I can always make some sort of cover for them if I decide I want them brighter. Now hopefully I can get the new recliners sold and finally finish up the living room. Just in time to get xmas going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment