Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween



Made it thru yesterday in spite of being up since 2 AM. The morning started out a little slow, but it picked up and I perked up.

One of my two movies was in my box at the post office, but I didn’t watch it last night because I didn’t want to fall asleep in the middle of it. Maybe tonight. 

I don’t have a lot on the agenda for the weekend. Will play it by ear. I do have the ice cream social at the club house at 2, I am planning on going to that, and am also planning on having some ice cream. I have been telling myself all week that I could. At some point I need to go get some produce. I may take a trip to Blythe on my own to do that, but we’ll see. It won’t be today.

I have neighbors on the right side. First time since I moved in that anyone has been there. They aren’t old enough to live in the park, so they can only stay two weeks. But they might finally get the yard cleaned up and give the place some attention. Not used to having neighbors so close. I’m hoping it is the owners and not a rental. A renter could be there indefinitely. They are flying the canadian flag.

So I have been pondering the chair situation. I think I am going to drag one of my outdoor recliners inside and use that. I know they are comfy and do what I need them to do. If I like it, I will drag the second one in and get rid of both of the new chairs. They are small, so probably wouldn’t take long to sell. Lots of small places and rigs here. I won’t get what I paid for them, but something is better than nothing. I would then get a pair of zero gravity chairs for the patio. Less expensive, and comfy. I’m sitting in one now, and do every morning when it is too hot to be in the sun. Plus, I need at least one for my new camper, and they fold and store nicely. The chairs will be easy to cover according to season too. A good short term solution. I will bring one in today.

I need to clean my washing machine. I have noticed a smell after the house being closed up all day, and I got a whiff of it this morning when I walked by the washer. I just researched cleaning it, and will do that today too. It is two complete cycles, the first with bleach, and the second with vinegar. Both with hot water.

More people in town means more dogs. Nothing but barking dogs lately. It drives me nuts. I hate that. I’m listening to one right now. I don’t think they are actually in the park, but surrounding it. Although there were a couple of little yappers within the park last night joining in.

Time to haul out my slippers. I just checked the outdoor temp, it is 55 degrees. No wonder my toes are cold. At least I am wearing my polar fleece robe and flannel jammies.

Well, I guess that is about it. Still sniffly and coughing and tired. But better than last weekend I think. I will be glad when I have a chair that I can sleep in…hopefully today. I used to sleep in the one I had in VT, so it sounds promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment