Friday, October 16, 2015

Fire and rescue

Tim Wellinger
Island Pond, VT Fall 2015

Not much this morning. Work absorbed the whole day and of course I was exhausted when I got home. We did have a little incident at the end of the day, our barn guy got his hand in the saw and we had to call fire and rescue. He didn’t loose any fingers, but I guess it was a pretty nasty cut. I didn’t see it, someone had to watch the store. I haven’t heard any more, and I hope he is going to be ok. They did transport him.

It was another hot and humid day, quite uncomfortable. The only saving grace was that it was overcast most of the day. Today is supposed to be pretty much the same. Hopefully this is the last of it tho. Still quite humid, which makes it that much harder to deal with. It was busy off and on, but we had some time where it was pretty boring too. I hate when it isn’t busy, the time just drags.

I picked up another jug of Home Defense and will spray again this weekend, both indoors and out. I also finally got a bottle of rooting hormone. I will use that on my lilac cuttings when I am ready to plant them. Got some Jobe’s fertilizer sticks for the geraniums and my avocado too.

That is about it for excitement here. The job takes away from my creative time. I haven’t done much since I started working, and what the job doesn’t use, Ody has been using. I will be glad when she is done and sold. Then I can start a new project and maybe finish up the basket I started weeks ago and play with some glass. I did find a rug online yesterday for the kitchen area. Just like the one that was in there, but in blue. Got that ordered, but it won’t be here by the time I am ready to put her out for sale. It will have to go in after. In the meantime, I will just use the two cheapies I have in my kitchen and swap them out when the new rug gets here.

My third order of the trays and ornaments from Target has been cancelled. :( I guess I won’t be getting my red trays after all. I should have grabbed the one I saw at Walmart the other day. That one was metal. Oh well, can’t say I didn’t try.

No comments:

Post a Comment