Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A day of rest - sort of...

Yesterday was kind of a strange day. I got my walk in, showered and dressed and down to coffee by a little after 7 AM. Once we were done socializing, I went off to do errands. I hit the Roadrunner and picked up some fruit and veggies and some pork chops for dinner. Went to the dollar store for my other stuff, and finally Salvation Army. I got a shirt and a sheet. The sheet was only 75 cents - as is. Had a couple little holes in it, but I can work around that. 
Came back and put stuff away, got two loads of laundry washed and out on the line, then took a little nap. Either I was really, really tired, or I am fighting something, because I slept off and on the rest of the day. With a little reading in between. I was going to make my chair pillow, but I just didn’t have the energy. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow.

Got a call in the afternoon from someone that was keeping an eye on the place where Ody is parked. I figured I was going to have to move her. So I called the guy back, introduced myself, and he is OK with it. So I am good, with permission and everything. No calls on her yesterday. I did pick up two more for sale signs at Sal’s for a quarter and will put them in the side windows too. I will try to squeeze that in on my way to work this morning.

Did a little web work last night, and have more to do tomorrow morning. They apparently are looking for someone to maintain their website. Not sure why, I have been doing it since 2003. I have mixed feelings about that. It brings me a few bucks, but I don’t enjoy doing it and dread October every year because of these updates. It isn’t one of my favorite things to do, costs me money, and is something Jake started. They are lucky that I took it over from him a long time ago. I lost the chamber site and another snowmobile site a while back, and I am fine with that. So I guess it is the natural progression of things. It isn’t like I charge them a lot of money, but I guess they are looking for a freebie.

On a positive note, I got a call yesterday. I won the drawing of the Halloween basket that I bought a couple of tickets for back when I took my rock painting class. Theresa is supposed to drop it off to me sometime today. Fun! I don’t even remember what is in it, but it will be fun finding out.

I got a late dinner last night. I had pork chops, mustard greens and gray squash. It was late because of my napping and the web work. I also threw together a graphic for the ice cream social on Halloween here at the park. I don’t mind doing that if it isn’t expected of me. Or demanded. It was a quickie and fun. I already had the big computer fired up, so I just did it. I made my lunch for today while I was fixing dinner last night.

So many things I wanted to do yesterday, but just didn’t have it in me. I still need to finish the shelving in the shed, have lots of things I could make, the chair pillow, planting seeds, and more. I guess it is ok to have a day like that sometimes. This weekend will be mine. I won’t  have to work on Ody all weekend. The last two weekends were used up with that. So I will have three days in a row where I can get some of this stuff done. I need to clean house tomorrow too. Just didn’t have the energy for it yesterday and it needs it.

Now that the rain has stopped, I need to spray around the house again. It only takes a few minutes, but I want to do inside again too. That will take a little longer because I will have to move some furniture. 

The couch should be going in the next week or so. I will be happy to have that gone finally and I will be able to finish my living room redo. That will make it easier to open and close the blinds every day. I need to start doing that again. I think I am getting used to the chair, that is where I did all my sleeping yesterday.

Gonna wear my new shirt today. It is a black faux suede with snap front. Will make a nice lightweight jacket for the cool morning. Jan is back this week, so that will be interesting hearing about her trip. Plus, I have more in common with her than the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment