Friday, October 9, 2015

New chairs

Got my chairs. They were here when I came home at lunch to take in my blanket. I stacked them to deal with after work.

Work was OK. I’m getting into the rhythm of things. It was alternately slow and busy. Jan is off on Thursdays, so it is extra boring for me. Robert isn’t much of a talker, and when he does, it is guy things so I feel kind of out of place for most of the day. Next week she will be gone all week. 

It did get warm. I think we hit 94 degrees. But my AC was off, and I didn’t turn it on when I got home. I think this is either day five or six with the AC off. That will most likely change tomorrow tho. It took quite a while for it to cool down last night and I had trouble sleeping because of it. 

The chairs were unboxed, the old one moved out and the two new ones moved in and assembled. They are quite small, and I don’t know if I like them or not. They look good. Nice size and all, but I don’t know if they are going to be comfortable enough. Maybe once they get broke in and I get them outfitted with pillows, etc. They do lie flat which is a plus, but there is no upright sitting when the foot rest is up. Thus the pillows. They were’t that expensive, so they will be good for a year or two. I just need to adapt. Maybe swap one of them out some time in the future for something a little more comfortable. 

I know I said I was done with pumpkins, but I brought home a dryer vent yesterday. I want to see how many I can get out of one vent. Just one more project. :)

The old chair is already spoken for and will go this morning. I did push the couch over temporarily to make room for the second chair. I can live with that for a couple of weeks unless I can find a place to store it and someone to help me move it. I will be happy when it is gone tho so I can finish my room makeover.

I am hoping to get Ody finished up and out for sale this weekend. I am also hoping it takes less than the three days that I have. Would be nice if I could do it in one, but that probably isn’t possible. Lots of little things to deal with, plus one big thing - the water tank. It will be nice to get that large box off the patio.

I still can’t log into my Target account so I can’t check on the status of my order, or place a new order. I wanted to change my address and then try again. I guess I am going to have to contact them. Might try on the other computer first tho. I could be blocked or something on this one. You never know.

My back hurts this morning. Not sure if it is from standing, chair wrestling, or the new chair. Could be a combination of all three. It does hurt when I stand at work, but seems to go away when I come home. Sigh…I’m hoping it will eventually work itself out. 

2 comments:

  1. I keep wondering if it would be okay to work on beading or something at your work. It sounds like you have some nothing at all to do time. Or do they expect you to be cleaning, restocking, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Not even allowed to have my phone on. Customer service is priority. Good thought tho.

    ReplyDelete