Sunday, November 8, 2015

I slept in this morning

Yesterday was kind of strange. Slow start, partial walk, couple of Ody showings. And later in the day a low blood sugar event. Haven’t had one of those in a long time. But my meals were kind of screwed up because I had my breakfast way too early because I was up early and hungry. Plus, I figured out last night, that I hadn’t had my water for the day. Going to try to do better with that today. With the cooler weather, I’m drinking a lot less water. Although once I figured that out, I sucked down my quota pretty fast.

I read two books, visited with a couple of neighbors and got my new stove hooked up and tested. I sat in front of it last night with my home made chicken noodle soup that SusAnn brought over. It was good and I didn’t have to cook. That was a good thing since I was still recovering from the low blood sugar. 

Just got off the phone with my friend Georgia over in California. She just dropped 5k on her rig and has decided it is time to get a different one. She wants Ody, and she wants the chairs too. So maybe, with any luck, they will both go this week. She has to figure out how to finagle everything because she will need to sell her rig, figure out how she can get a lot in the park she wants in to, and other details, but I should know by tomorrow. It would be great to have them both done. Although I will be showing her again today I think. 

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. Chad and I did a dry run on the electrical yesterday. Figured I needed a few more parts and I went and got those. He got the wood pieces cut and ready, so that will be going in soon. Will be really nice to have continuous power in the shed. I will be able to run lights, the glass microwave and the kiln without fear of power issues. I will still use my solar for the smaller equipment tho. Why pay for it when I can get it free? But the solar won’t run my saw, the vacuum, or the microwave and kiln. It will run the tumbler, the grinder and the lights tho. My dremel won’t work on solar either. I have to either run an extension or move it out to the work bench on the patio. 

I picked up another package of tomato seed while I was at the store yesterday. Mine haven’t done anything, the peppers either. So I will give it another day or so, and if I don’t see anything, I will replant. My sunflowers are up and a few of the nasturtiums have broken ground, but I think the nights might be too cold for a lot of the seeds.I hadn’t planned on that, and it is very early for nights this cold. We had four mornings in a row at 42 degrees. I broke down and turned on the furnace yesterday. I discovered that the big noisy fan doesn’t come on with that. That is a plus. 
I think I have a hummer nesting in the grapefruit tree. I haven’t found the nest yet, but it keeps going inside the tree to the same spot. I haven’t gotten too close because I don’t want to disturb the nest if there is one there. At the moment, I’m listening and watching a bunny chew on the new seed block I brought home the other day. There are a lot of people back that feed the birds and critters, so my blocks should last a little longer now.

Today is Sunday and I am taking the day off from everything. I slept until 7 this morning. I can’t remember the last time I did that. I did get up in the wee hours and move to the chair. I am so very happy I have finally solved that problem. At least temporarily, but I will probably keep those chairs indoors indefinitely. The only thing I don’t like about them is the metal arms, and if I think about it long enough, I will come up with a solution for that too. Make some padded covers or something.

Two other people in the park ordered the Karma internet package after I did yesterday, so I made $20 to put on my account. Yay. I’m hoping it works out. If I could get a few commissions a month, that would make my internet almost free. 

Here is the link for Karma if you want to try it out....Using this link, we both get $10 credit. You want the Neverstop package, no data caps, up to 3 devices at one time. $50 a month. Uses the Sprint network.

I sold the shade cloth to the guy that let me park in his kool cover for the summer, so that is an extra $25 in my pocket. I ended up getting two of the shade cloth due to shipping problems, so I didn’t really need that one. I noticed yesterday that someone had moved onto that lot, so I couldn’t just go and take it down. This way made everyone happy. 

I miss Jake at all sorts of strange times. Not any particular time of day. It is mostly when I hear that someone has died, or I’m doing something he would have enjoyed, or when I am just being quiet and not keeping my mind busy. Some times it is worse than others and I actually cry, other times, it is just this deep sadness. But there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him and miss him. Even in the unlikely event that I were to find someone else, I would still miss Jake on a daily basis. We weren’t done, and had plans and so much more to do. Yesterday was especially sad as Jackie’s funeral was happening. I thought about both of them off and on thru the day. I am still in a bit of shock about her dying. Everyone copes differently.

I guess I am going to start looking for a used trailer. A used one would keep the cost down for my camper. Georgia suggested that I put in two fantastic fans in the roof, one blowing in and one blowing out. That is actually a really good idea. It would keep the air moving very well inside when it is closed up at night. I would just have to make sure I had enough battery power to run both of them. Lights would be negligible as they would be LED. And I would just need enough to keep my laptop charged and phone charged over and above that. One panel would probably do it. Just like the setup I have on the shed. I would go with a bit bigger battery tho. Cooking would be either propane or butane. I have the butane cooktop already. If I found a good used trailer, I could probably build the whole thing for less than 3k. Plus the added benefit of not having to insure it, register only as the car insurance would cover the trailer. Or just a small amendment to my car insurance. It would still save a fortune there. Building and decorating it would be fun. And I would have Chad and Merrill to help out if I ran into trouble, plus all the guys at work now.

The park is pretty much at full capacity now. I will have to start walking outside the park in order to get thru a walk with minimum of socializing. I only did about a half walk yesterday because I wasn’t really into it, and I had to keep stopping to chat. 

Well, I guess I should go make my bed and get dressed. Shower if I am going to. Then I can get back to my day off. It’s hard work you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment