Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas decorating

I got quite a bit done yesterday, not everything I had on the list, but I’m happy with what I accomplished. I am frustrated tho, I had all those red sheets on the couch and chairs in the living room, when I got rid of the couch, I washed them and put them away. But I can’t find them. I had one stashed somewhere that I used in the bedroom for the curtain, but I have pillow cases and three more sheets somewhere that I can be using. I hate it when that happens. I did, after several more hours of searching, find my ear muffs! Finally! They were under the seat of the scooter. I happened to be taking a break, sitting there looking at the scooter when I realized that that was the last place I had used them. Days of hunting! At least the cupboards in the bedroom are organized now.



After I finally finished hunting for the earmuffs and finishing up the bedroom, I went out and cleaned out the car. I even vacuumed it. It is ready to go if I decide to do that. If not, it was a job that needed to be done. If I decide to keep the car, I am going to order the seat covers for the back seat. They are pretty dirty and ugly. I have the stuff that was in the car down to two small bags. One is the emergency kit, and the other is tools and oddball stuff. I’m taking the title and spare keys just in case. 

Once that was done, I started on the rest of the christmas decorating. Got out the spindly tree that I bought in Yuma last year and figured out how to attach the base I had cut off so I could store it, got the lights on it, but still need to decorate it. I also got the battery operated candles in the windows, got the horseshoe tree decorated and the stockings hung. Jake and Kali Cat’s stockings made me cry. Sigh...

   



I got all the fall stuff gathered and bagged, that is in the shed until I get a storage bin for it, and the mugs and wooden turkey are on the top of the cupboard in the kitchen. The xmas mugs will join them when the holidays are over. Can’t see them. :)

Dunno if I am going to like the turbine snowman. I stacked them yesterday to get an idea of what it would look like, it is quite short. But I will go ahead and do it anyway. I need some white string to get the white material to stay and cinch it in. Also have to figure out the face. Tomorrow I might start the pallet trees. Maybe. I might not feel that ambitious.

It was cold yesterday. Only in the 50’s, and it is close to freezing this morning. Just looked, it is actually below freezing…31 degrees. I think I am going to give up on any gardening for now. My tomato plant didn’t even make it outdoors yesterday and I didn’t cover anything else, so I guess I will have several dead plants. Oh well. I noticed the avocado didn’t look very happy yesterday and last night probably did it in. I guess I will stick with native plants from now on. Not too worried about the lilac cuttings, they are used to the cold. Maybe once the days start getting longer, it will warm up some.

So this morning I am heading to Blythe early. Would like to be there around 8 AM, see what is on the lot at the dealership and then go get tires if that is the way I choose to go. I also need to get the oil changed, and maybe even a car wash. Then I want to go to Dollar Tree and get my silks and whatever else I need from there and then groceries. I expect either way, I will be gone most of the day so I will be missing coffee this morning and the turkey noodle soup later in the day. But tires are more important than soup and coffee. If I weren’t working, I would go tomorrow, but I don’t want to have to go out tomorrow. I need one quiet day before I go back to work. Although I may go to Salvation Army since I probably won’t make it there today. 

Driving to Blythe on those tires make me nervous. It is all highway. I would go the back way, but there isn’t one that I have found yet. Some day when I have nothing better to do, I will try to find an alternate route. I would much rather drive on surface roads than highway.

I have moments where I wonder why I am decorating. I am the only one that is going to get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment