Thursday, February 18, 2016

More hours?

Not much going on here. Yesterday was a work day and I was almost late. Looks like my hours might be increasing instead of decreasing. Elaine probably won’t be back. Her husband has lymphoma and they are headed back to Canada for his treatment. She is a cashier and I will be picking up some of her hours. Jan asked if I would mind. The only thing I have a real problem with is that even tho I would have two days off, she wants to split them so they aren’t in a row. I have a problem with that, but then again, it wouldn’t be for very long. People are leaving in droves since it is actually quite warm here. We have broken records with the cold this winter and are now breaking records with the heat. 90 degrees in Feb is unheard of. We have clouds and sprinkles this morning so it is only supposed to be in the low 80’s. We lost one of the lumber yard guys and will be loosing one of the floor guys very soon too. Yesterday was the first day I wore shorts to work. I need to get some shirts of some sort and maybe another pair of shorts. I don’t like to wear tank tops to work, but may have to resort to that.

The tongue box for the trailer batteries came yesterday. It is smaller than I had pictured. I will loose a lot of storage space, but it is also taller than the one that is on there now, so maybe I can make a drop in shelf of some sort to hang over the top of the batteries. Installing that and moving the batteries is this weekend’s project. I want to be able to put the other box in the yard sale. Still plenty of room inside the trailer so I can move some of the stuff inside. That will be the last big project for the trailer except maybe the back wall and door. 

Since it was pay day yesterday I splurged on dinner. Went to Subway and got one of their meatball subs and then got a blizzard from Dairy Queen. Lots and lots of carbs that I shouldn’t have eaten, but I don’t get out much and I am very low on food in the house. Was a nice treat. I like their meatballs and sauce. The bread was good too. I was hit up by a pan handler looking for $50.05. A very specific amount. But I don’t have it to spare. But then I felt bad. I didn’t ask what it was for and didn’t offer a smaller amount. My money is hard to come by and this isn’t the first time I have been pan handled. That happens a lot here. 

I had a split night last night. Was really tired and fell asleep in the chair while I was reading. Very early. Never even got the TV turned on. Not sure it was even dark yet. Then was up a few hours and went back to bed. I think I got my six hours, but it would have been better if I had slept thru.

Still hoping to get the trailer registered in the next week or so and could use some big store shopping. Maybe Monday I can head to Parker and get both done. Would like to get a couple of new geraniums too.

Time to put my chair in the back of the car. Too warm to sit inside the car at lunch now. I had to get out my windshield thing yesterday. Time to figure out some shade for the car. Hoping I won’t have to cover the tires and windows each time I use the car, it is a real pain in the ass.

It isn’t looking like my lilac cuttings are going to do anything. I will have to pull one up and see if there are any roots, but it looks as if they are dead. It should be warm enough now that they should be doing something. Will have to try again in the spring. I still have two baby desert willows that I started from seed. These have lasted longer than any others I have managed to get started. The rest of my plants look like crap. I need to get another tomato plant although it might be too late for that now. But then again, the patio is covered now and that might protect it from the heat.

Well, time for me to get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment