Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Swansea recap

We got a late start yesterday, but was off for Swansea by 11. It was about an hour’s drive on paved roads, and another hour or so on dirt roads. Some of the mountain road was pretty hairy and to be honest, I was disappointed with the place. But I have now been to my first ghost town. It was more like a ruins than a ghost town tho. I took lots of pictures that can be seen here…

On the way back we took a different route, and I was thankful for all the back roading Jake and I did together. There were a couple of spots that were pretty hairy, but we made it across just fine because I had been trained by Jake. My car did well, and the AWD was almost as good as 4WD. It was the only “car” that was out there. All the other vehicles were trucks and jeeps and ATV’s.

I’m back to work today and Pat continues on her journey. I managed to get my lunches made last night even tho I was exhausted. We had Subway sandwiches for dinner. And we only snacked while we were out and about, so we didn’t eat a whole lot yesterday. We walked over 5000 steps which means about 2.5 miles. The most I have walked in a while.

I wore my shorts and was glad that I did. It got warm out there in the sun and my legs got a start on their summer tan but it will be long pants at work because it will be cold inside.

I was totally beat by the time we got back last night. I hadn’t slept well the night before, was up in the wee hours and did all the driving. I decided to stick to the chair last night and slept better than I did on the cot, but am looking forward to my bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment