Monday, February 22, 2016

A cold

Well, I got it. The cold that is going around. But I don’t think I have it as bad as everyone else has had it. I knew when I woke up yesterday with the sneezing and runny nose, that it had gotten me. Sigh. I rested most of the day, took a nap in the afternoon, and just generally relaxed as I might be called in to work today. I hope not, but it is possible. It was a valiant fight, I was the last one to get it.

I have been taking Airborne, drinking lots and lots of fluids and took a Benadryl. I still have a cough and it hurts when I cough, but I’m not all stuffed up. And I can still smell, so that is a good sign. I thought I had another package of Airborne, but I can’t find it. 

I washed my car yesterday. I just couldn’t stand looking at it any more. It was coated in desert dust, especially after the trip to Swansea. It did rain, but that only made it worse. With the water here you have to dry the car as well or it leaves white streaks on it. I should have polished it, but it is a big car and I just wasn’t up to it. It looks a lot better after it’s annual bath. It still needs a polish, but that will have to wait until some other time. I also got my laundry done, but that was about it.

Not sure if I am going to work on the trailer today or not. I will see how I feel once I get myself showered and moving. I did not go to coffee this morning because I didn’t want to spread my germs. I might just relax another day and try to get rid of the cold. Get some vitamin D from the sun.

I guess I have decided not to get the swamp cooler. Mainly because of the really bad water we have here. It would require way too much maintenance to keep it clean and functioning. So I guess I will just have to live with the crazy electric bills. I do have the little portable one that I can use, that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment