Monday, February 8, 2016

Chore day

Got my cleaning done and made a chicken stew. I started out thinking of doing the chicken and mushroom recipe, but the ingredients were very similar to my beef stew, so I ended up going in that direction instead. It was pretty good and it used up half the chicken I had in the freezer. Yay. Not quite sure why I bought it to begin with.

The shower took some time, but it is better. Trying to get the doors clean, but with the water and the soap residue, it is a continuing project. If I ever get them clean, I think I am going to treat them with Rain X. Supposed to help keep them from building up crud. I tried the Dawn and vinegar solution in the past, but I don’t like the smell. Ugh. But it is better than when I started and is good enough for now. I hate cleaning the shower and put it off as long as possible. If I did it more often, it probably wouldn’t’ be as hard to do. I tossing around the idea of putting in a shower curtain liner that I can just toss out when it gets dirty. Might be worth a try. The rod is still there from the frilly curtain I took down when I moved in, I would just have to lower it. Wondering if the shower doors lift off so I can take them outside and clean them while they are flat, it is too hard to do it in place.

Shorts! I wore shorts for the first time this year. Still had on a long sleeve shirt, but my white legs were exposed. Looks like we will be in the 70’s and 80’s for a while, so other than work, I may be done with long pants until next winter. Less laundry. Yay.

I didn’t hear from Pat yesterday, so she will probably be here today. Hoping we get to go out for dinner. It has been quite a while since I have been out, even for takeout. Looks like I might not get to work on the trailer this weekend, should have worked on it yesterday, but I really wasn’t into it.

I ordered a new solar pump for the fountain since mine has stopped working. I miss the sound of the water and the birds miss the showers. I also ordered some hay stuff that is supposed to keep the algae down. Maybe I won’t have to clean that as often either. Worth a try as the algae clogs up the pump. I need to bleach the bowl and see if I can get it cleaned up some.

Today is Monday morning coffee and shopping. The usual. I did laundry yesterday so I don’t have to do that today. Was a good drying day on the clothesline.

2 comments: