Thursday, February 4, 2016

Shorts by Sunday?

I brought home some 1x2’s for the trailer. I am going to use them to secure the shelving that I got setup last weekend. I just need to find the framework for the trailer to tie in to. Hoping to have that done this weekend, but a lot will depend on my company this weekend. Once I get the shelving done, I can sort the stuff stored in the shed, free up some space there. My camping gear will live in the trailer. I can also use the trailer as storage when I’m not using it for camping. That will give me quite a bit more room in the shed to work. Not that I get out there much. I need to sit down and see what I have spent on the camper. There is a cooler I would like to buy, but it is $200 and I need to see if I have maxed out my camper budget. This cooler is a food cooler and swamp cooler/AC combined. Supposed to work up to 7 hours without power. I sleep about 7 hours (if I am lucky), so it could possibly keep the trailer cool enough since it is so small. But if I have maxed the budget, it is out of the question. I must be getting close by now, but we’ll see.

I have some sewing I will need to do for the trailer. Some curtains, mattress cover, etc. Not one of my favorite things to do, but I manage and things are usually serviceable. It’s that whole straight line thing…I just can’t do it. :)

It was COLD at work yesterday. I actually had to use the heater for half the day and I never took off any of my layers. Today isn’t supposed to be a whole lot better. Although Sunday it is supposed to hit 75 degrees. Looks like I might be hauling out my shorts next week. Yay! I don’t have any tan left from last year. I will be happy to be back in my shorts and sandals tho. It is currently about 30 degrees. It has been a cold winter here this year. My electric bill was quite a bit higher than I expected and the only big thing I am running is the heat pump.

Hoping to find some time between now and Valentines to make the copper heart earrings I saw online. They shouldn’t take too long and it might get me back into creating. I have to find something that people want and make some money since I am loosing hours. Hoping to make a few bucks at the yard sale too. Need to have the shed sorted by then so I can get rid of as much stuff as possible.

Today I go in at 9. Tomorrow too. Then Saturday will be 8 to 5. I’m hoping to be able to put off finding a full time job until after the summer. But we’ll see. This week and for the rest of February, I loose two hours a week. It has slowed down quite a bit at work so I may loose more hours before the end of the month. 

I’m looking forward to taking off and going camping for a few days when I have the trailer closer to being finished (still have to get it registered). Although it will probably never be completely finished. I haven’t done anything fun in so long. The last time I camped was a year ago. Will be nice to be out somewhere and have something different to look at. Right now, I can’t even see the sunrise with the 5th wheel parked on the lot next door. It blocks my view of the horizon. And the sunset is on the other side that I can’t see anyway. On the 13th, I will have been in this place a year. Wow. And of course, the 26th will be the anniversary of Jake’s death. I still miss him each and every day. Sigh….

Well, time to get moving. Another work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment