Monday, February 1, 2016

Quite a storm last night

Just a quickie this morning as it is already late and I am planning on going to coffee and still need to shower and dress.

I made a fish chowder yesterday, forgot the corn tho. I put it in after I had my dinner, so it will be in there for tonight’s dinner and tomorrow’s lunch.

I didn’t do much yesterday. It was sunny and in the 70’s so I just enjoyed the weather in spite of the wind. Then the wind picked up. I don’t sleep well when it is windy. I was up several times in the night and finally ended up reading in my chair. I finally got back to sleep around 3:30 after I finished my book.

We had high and gusty winds, thunder and lightening and rain…all at the same time for most of the night. My patio is covered in leaves that will have to be swept, and I hope that is the worst of it. I will have to take a look around when I go out. There was a lot of dust in the air in the afternoon before it started raining.

Today is market day. I don’t think I need to go to the grocery store, but I do need to go to DG. Maybe Sal’s. Sal’s will depend upon the number of cars in the parking lot. Might be a light day if people are cleaning up after the storm.

Got the info I need to see about getting the regulator replaced on the grill. I took the brand new one off the extra grill, and it seems to work OK, although the other one worked OK initially too. Will get that replaced. I think I will put the grill in the yard sale. I need to sort the shed before the month is out as the yard sale is March 4th.

I waited all afternoon to watch Grease Live on Fox last night. Well, guess what, about 45 minutes into the three hour production the TV channel went out. Unfortunately that happens when there is a storm. Lost several channels including the one I was watching. So I didn’t get to see most of it. I will have to see if I can stream it at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your weather and your tv going out! Grease Live was very well done; make sure you follow up with watching it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to see if I can stream it. Internet in Q isn't very good right now...too many users.

      Delete