Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A day in the desert

Or more like the middle of the night…I fell asleep very early as I was outside all day. I heard from Georgia and she invited me to hang out with her at here campsite in the desert, so we did just that. She was waiting for a couple of friends to come in and wanted some company while she waited. Both friends showed up late, so I was there a lot longer than I had planned. I hadn't been out in the desert since I moved out of Ody.

I loaded the lumber back up and returned it. While unloading the lumber the day before, I discovered that the front seat folds all the way down along with the back seat so that I can put 8 foot long pieces of lumber in there without obstructing my view out he passenger side. Wish I had known that when I loaded it up the first time. Made taking it back a whole lot easier than bringing it home.

Target shipped all my wire milk crates for the trailer USPS. It is going to be a real pain in the ass getting those from the post office. I had forgotten they default to USPS. I should have seen if they had options, but I went for the free shipping. I do hope I actually get them. I have had several issues getting packages from them in the past. My shelving and insulation have all shipped UPS, so I should be able to get quite a bit done this next weekend. I will have to do the floor first tho. Insulate and another layer of plywood. Then I can assemble the shelving and get it all put together. I will have to take the trailer out and test it out in the desert. That should be fun. I suppose I should get it registered before I take it on the road tho.

I have no big plans for the day. I have to meet a couple of people at different times because the RV water filter sold and the 30A extension cord sold. I need to go to the post office at some point and get the mattress for the trailer. And I may just putter around in the yard. It could use a good raking and I need to fertilize the grapefruit and sweep the patio. A quiet day before going back to work is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment