Monday, January 11, 2016

Chore day

It wasn’t the best of days to be outside, but it wasn’t the worst either. It didn’t rain, sprinkled a couple of times tho. I spent a good part of the day actually working on the trailer. I removed the double bed platform and recycled/reconfigured it to be single bunk. It took most of the day, but I reused the materials that I pulled out. I figured if I got the bed done first, I can build the rest around it. I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out, not what I had originally considered, but better. Lots of storage under the bunk for larger items. Now I need to build in the storage along the left wall and the front wall. I’m pleased with my progress and the fact that I finally got started.

I had a fair amount of leftover materials that I hope to be able to reuse. It doesn’t look like much, but the frame itself is metal as he had used an old bed frame to put his platform in. I reduced the number of legs he had for ease of storage under the bed. With the metal frame, I didn’t need much for legs on the outside.

I fired up the new grill and cooked my steak. I didn’t have any fresh veggies to put on it, but it cooked much faster on the gas grill than it did on my little electric grill. The steak was good, but it was tough. I guess I will have to buy a better cut in the future. I have such a hard time cooking steak. It is always tough. I had a salad too.

Today is Monday morning coffee, the post office, and of course the markets. I will also have to do laundry. And I really need to spend a little time in the shed. I need my work benches cleared and the xmas stuff put away. Georgia will be back in town this week for a while and we will probably finally try out my kiln. Need to make some room to work.

I just placed an order from Amazon for a memory foam mattress, an inverter, the charge controller and a set of levels. $250 for all of that. Could be worse. The next big expense will be the new box for the front. I haven’t decided which one I want yet. So far I have about $1200 in the camper including the purchase price of the trailer. I don’t want to go over 2k if I can help it. Which is actually about 1k less than I had originally planned. I still need to buy lumber, floor covering, ceiling insulation, screws and adhesive plus the metal box for the front. I should be able to come in under budget. I was lucky to find a trailer that already had solar and a generator. That in itself saves me about $500.

I am planning on using the mattress cover I took off the bed to make a cover for the bunk mattress. It will be custom of course. I don’t think I will have to do any trimming on the foam either. Yay. Those green curtains will have to go, and the back window needs a curtain too, so I will make something eventually.

Well, it is almost 7. Time flies. I need to get in the shower and get dressed if I am going to make it to coffee this morning. Hoping for a nap this afternoon. I have been up since 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment