Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Groceries!

Was a busy morning, and a reading afternoon. I went to Blythe to Dollar Tree and Smart and Final, got a few valentines things and groceries. Nice to have food in the house again. I still didn’t get everything I wanted or needed, but the rest I can get at DG when they restock. I need TP and paper towels, and they didn’t have the summer sausage I have been putting in my lunch. The shelves were pretty much bare. I may pop over later today to see if they restocked. If not, it can wait until next week.

I thought I might stop at Sal’s, but the parking lot was full when I drove by, so I  just kept going.

My insulation arrived late in the day, so that is today’s project. I need to empty everything out of the trailer, disassemble the bed and get the floor insulation and sub floor put down. Depending upon how long that takes, I might even get some of the shelving up. We’ll see how the floor goes.

The traffic was surprisingly light yesterday. I had no trouble getting on or off the highway. Blythe was pretty quiet too. I guess this means a LOT of people have left for the season. Still lots and lots of RV’s out in the desert, but the town has quieted down some. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

I used my grill again last night, but it scares me. It makes a funny noise when it is going and I don’t think it is supposed to. Not sure what is going on with it, maybe a bad regulator, but I ended up just moving the steak in and putting it under the broiler in the toaster oven. The onion and veggies cooked just fine tho. Tried a london broil this time. It wasn’t as tender as it could have been, but it could also have been the whole grilling/oven process. Tasty tho.

Well, I guess that is about it. I want to try to get another hour or so of sleep if I can before I get started on the trailer. I have been up since about 2:30. Way too early to start my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment