Monday, January 4, 2016

Two new additions to the wooden critter family

I puttered around yesterday. Tossed out some dead plants, repotted a couple of others, took the lights off the pallet tree and got that stashed for the summer. I did laundry as it is supposed to rain today, even hung them out. Moved chairs around on the patio again. Still not happy with the change. Hopefully the new chairs will be more comfortable. These zero gravity chairs irritate my sciatic nerve. The green ones didn’t do that.

About mid afternoon I got a text from a friend. She was working one of the tents and had a wooden cat she wanted me to see. So I threw on some clothes and went to look at it. I bought it and a wooden jointed bunny using some of my xmas bonus. Figured that was what it was for. Here is the cat.


The tilted head kind of annoys me, but I guess I will get used to it. It hasn’t found it’s spot yet tho. Working on it. 


He is pretty plain compared to the other critters I have, but is kool in his own way. The bunny was almost as much as the cat. They also had some kool little shelf and drawer units that I would have loved, but I don’t have any place to put them. The disadvantage to having such a small place. 

While I was out, I decided to treat myself to fish and chips. Told myself it was my birthday dinner. I must have been a little off as it wasn’t as good as it usually is. But for ten bucks, I got two meals worth of fries and fish. 

Starting to think about making something again. It has been a while. Not sure what yet. I basically haven’t made anything since I started working, or walking. Thinking about doing that too. I really need to start watching what I eat again and get some exercise. Work is so exhausting tho and it leaves me with no energy for anything else.

Today is Monday morning coffee and errand day. I don’t need a whole lot at the markets, but want to grab a steak so I will have it when my grill comes. Plus a few veggies for lunches this week. I already have oranges and grapefruit, so I really don’t need fruit. Maybe a couple of bananas and some canned pineapple. And then Sal’s of course. The rest of the day will be open and I will probably read.

Oh, I did spend some time removing a big gob of glue on the edge of the black living room rug. It came that way and until I moved the chairs, it was under the chair. Out of sight, out of mind. But now that I moved things around, I had to deal with it. I got most of it scrapped off, and what I couldn’t get off I colored with a sharpie. Unless you are looking for it, you can’t see it. It was on my list of things to do.

And of course, the shed needs attention again/still. I still have some xmas stuff to deal with out there, benches to clear per usual. And I have some new solder I want to try on my rings. Not sure I will get to either of those today. It will help when I get the trailer done so I can get all my camping stuff out of the shed. That will make room for the normal seasonal storage stuff. I have to find a spot for the wreath, but I think that will go on the ceiling. I will have to figure out how to secure it. Wall space is too valuable for that.

Always something to do. The neighbors are getting an awning installed today, so I want to see that process too. 

Watched the movie Tomorrowland last night. It was good. I will have to watch that again at some point. The Martian too. Have to figure out how to get into my storage drive and see what is available there and get these moved over so I don’t loose them. I haven’t added it to the network yet and have to figure out how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment