Monday, April 6, 2015

Not the best start to the day

I have started off the day by cleaning up cat pee on the carpet and throwing away pretty much a full can of food. She went back under the printer stand again and now I have pee pads down there too. :( The last of five cans (since Thursday afternoon) she didn’t like. I have thrown that away. At least it was the cheap stuff. I have to go get more today. This means she also didn’t get her meds this morning. The only food I have here now is the good stuff, and she won’t eat that. I just can’t win. It is very discouraging.

One of the first things I am going to have to do when Kali Cat is gone is have the carpets removed. I’m sure I have missed spots because I can’t watch her constantly. And with this carpet, you can’t see where she has gone. So I will have to see what the cost of replacing the floors will be. I had wanted to do that anyway, but wanted to wait until after KC was gone. I could have them cleaned, but I hate them. Plus the vinyl floors are discolored around the floor vents. I can live with it for now.

I have also filled out forms, canceled insurance, ordered seat covers and more. Seems to be paperwork Monday. The tracker went yesterday. Kind of sorry to see it go, but at the same time, relieved, one less responsibility and expense. Now to get Ody sold. I even found the missing po box key and am dropping that in the mail today.

Off she goes....

I ordered my seat covers and vent visors for the chevy this morning. I have cheap seat covers I bought for the tracker, but they don’t fit right and every time I get in and out of the car I get zapped with static electricity. It is getting old. I’m planning on keeping the car indefinitely, so I might as well make it comfortable. 

One of the guys here came and trimmed the eucalyptus tree yesterday. It looks so much better and won’t be dragging on the roof of the car any more. I can move the car over to that side of the driveway where it will get some shade. Not a lot, but more than it has been getting.

Pot luck Easter dinner at 1. Lots and lots of food. Was very good. I even brought home some leftovers. About half my brussel sprouts went. But it was also a small crowd as most everyone has left for the summer.

This morning is coffee at the club house, then I need to go buy more cat food and bird/bunny food and a few other errands. Want to see if there is a small humidifier at Salvation Army and maybe a shredder too. And then I want to look at the $7 outdoor chair cushions at DG as I need to beef up the back of the new chairs a little. They are designed for taller people. I had forgotten that. Then I might finally start on the berm for the grapefruit tree. Would be nice to have that done and ready when the fertilizer gets here. Plus, I will be able to move the bird feeders and get the shade sail up. My to do list is quite long. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler so I hope to finish up the reed fencing. I might cut it later and get it ready. I really like having a work bench outside. It makes things much easier by allowing me to stand up instead of trying to do things on the ground. 

I startled a lizard yesterday when I got back from dinner. It ran from one end of the patio to the next and into the neighbors back yard. It kept hitting things as it ran. They say if you have lizards, you won’t have snakes. I have been lucky so far and have not seen any snakes. And while I was assembling the second chair the other day, I had a lizard stroll out from under the work bench. I don’t think they were the same one either. I like the little buggers. :)

Well, I guess I need to get showered and dressed. Put what bird seed I do have left out, and then off to Monday coffee and errands. I am going to try a half a walk sometime today and see how my knees do. I don’t want to go too far in case they start acting up and I won’t be able to get home. A little bit at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment