Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A very long night

Was a really long night as I was up most of it. If I could manage NOT to fall asleep in front of the TV, I might have a better chance of sleeping at night. But I don’t think that is going to happen any time soon. Up at 10:30, again at 12:30, and then finally at 2:30. I kept trying to go back to sleep, but if I got any, it was that light dreaming sleep where you get up feeling more tired than you did when you lay down. I don’t think I will ever catch up. The only time I slept well at all in the last 20 years is when I took Benadryl every night, and that blew my blood pressure off the scale. 

Got an early (sort of) walk yesterday morning. I actually left the park and did one of my around the block walks, almost a mile and a half. I gathered some yellow trumpet vine seed while I was out and about, and I am going to try to get a cutting the next time. My desert willow seeds haven’t done anything yet, but it has only been about a week. I have high hopes.

Got out to the shed and pressed another quarter and finished up the rustic quarter locket. I soldered a bird charm on the front of this one. Torch soldering is much faster and much easier, I’m liking it. I think I am going to have to invest in a jewelry torch instead of using the big plumbing torch I have. After I finished that, I dug out my shells and some white jade beads and started the ankle bracelet. Just waiting on the measurements to finish it up. I don’t know how well the shells will hold up, but it is worth a try. I did that work on the patio work bench where it was a bit cooler and had a breeze.

Vicki was headed to Blythe to the vet with her little dog and asked me if I wanted to ride along. So I did. We stopped at Smart and Final and I picked up the things on my grocery list, got to stop at Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree here is huge! I want to go back when I have more time to look around. So I have my first foray out of town under my belt and I didn’t even have to drive. I didn’t buy anything in the way of fruit and veggies because I ordered a Bountiful Basket this week. Was going to buy some tomatoes, but got distracted by something and didn’t get any. Took me forever to find the rice cakes, but I finally did. I don’t know if they moved them or if I just remember wrong. Should be able to go right to them next time.

No nap yesterday. Came back and got stuff put away. I cooked my burger so I won’t have to cook for a couple of meals. Had a big salad with blue cheese and burger. Was good. Watermelon for dessert. Of course I was hungry by midnight, that was part of my sleep issue. I think the other part is that I had a crying jag set off again. My neighbor Be a lost her remaining son yesterday. Both of them to cancer. I had to go over and see her, and that set me off. She is all alone now. Husbands and sons all gone. :( No other family.

I picked up a package of paper lunch bags at the dollar store for my seed saving. They store better in paper than plastic. Also easier to organize.

This morning I added my two new pieces to my shopping cart. Not sure what I am going to make today, maybe another lapis flower set. I still have the red coral I bought before xmas too. Maybe something in red, white and blue. Gotta start selling stuff.

Oh, I picked up a summer job. It pays pennies, but it is a start. I will be riding the park every morning, or walking it depending upon the temps, and monitoring the watering system to make sure all the park trees are getting their water. Like I said, it doesn’t pay much, but maybe it will work into something else at some point. But that also means I won’t be able to go anywhere. So that forces the Ody decision. Not going to bother to register her. If I go anywhere, I can car camp for short periods of time. I have just about everything I need for that and the car is big enough. 

This morning before I head out to the work shop I need to go to the post office, DG and Salvation Army. Sal’s summer hours are Mon - Wed, 8 to 1. So if I want to go, it has to be this morning. Hoping DG still has that other bird feeder, would like to get that changed. Gonna have to buy more seed since the doves are going thru it so fast. I still haven’t put out the seed block. 

Well, I guess that is it for this morning. It is not supposed to be as warm today, but  we have some humidity and it is already hazy. So if I am going to walk, I need to do it soon. Tomorrow morning the J&S Covers guy will be here to remeasure and get that going. And I am not feeling my best this morning. Stomach is kind of funky. But I will be fine.  Just need to get moving. Plus my back is hurting this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment