Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Last of the mortar

Getting a late start this morning. It is going to be a hot one. We hit 99 yesterday, and it was already 94 by 10:30 when I wrapped up the last of the outdoor mortar projects. I did the last side of the shed, lets see the critters dig under now…and then I made a “hearth” for the chiminea. I really could have used more mortar pieces, but is good enough for now. I will keep my eyes open for some free chunky fill. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. It looks like it is up against the fence, but it is actually a couple of feet away from it. Further than the one in IP was from the cedar fence. Should be good. I always keep the hose handy when I burn anything anyway.




That pretty much wrapped up my day. I settled in to read for a little while, but decided to take a nap. Moved indoors in front of my little swamp cooler and slept most of the afternoon. I woke up once after an hour or so, but couldn’t get myself to wake up so I gave up and went back to sleep. Then I finished my book, had a cold dinner and watched some TV. I really needed the sleep. I was up at 1 for a couple of hours, but went back to sleep around 3:30 and slept until 6. 

I did the big block walk yesterday, a little over a mile and a quarter, and got my trumpet vine cuttings. I’m getting such a late start this morning that I won’t be walking far. It is also chore day, laundry, garbage, post office, DG, and Salvation Army. The earlier the better. Then I will get all the sun shades and tire covers back on the car. I wish I didn’t have to do that, but it is just way too hot to leave it undressed. I really have to figure something out about that. Not sure if Ralph is coming to work on the patio today or not. Might be too hot.

One of today’s projects, if it isn’t too hot, is to disassemble KC’s crate and recycle it into wall racks in the shed. I am going to use the tray as a potting tray. It fits perfectly on the outside work bench. The shed has pegboard, but I hate pegboard, the hooks always fall out when you take something down. There is one wall that needs a rack of some sort and the crate will be perfect.

I saw one of the feral cats in the yard this morning at the bird feeder. The birds didn’t seem to even notice it even tho the cat was in the wide open. These birds aren’t that smart. I guess there aren’t a lot of natural preditors in these parks. Must be why there are so many of them. 

Well, it is after 8 already. By the time I get showered and dressed it will be too late to walk very far. Maybe around the little block. It will be better than nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment