Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Wrap up two projects, add three more...

I checked off several more projects off my list yesterday, and added several new ones. Isn’t that the way it goes? I got the solar panel up on the shed roof, and did it and the solar chandelier without putting any holes in the roof or a trip to the hardware store. If I wasn’t going to mount the panel with bolts, I needed something to keep it from blowing away in the wind. I ended up using the rack that I put on the back of the car to carry the scooter. The thing weighs about a hundred pounds, and won’t go anywhere. I also lashed it to the shed guy wires both front and back. It should be good. The chandelier has a concrete paver holding it in place. We’ll see how long that works. That is also attached to the shed guy wire.

I had a hell of a job getting the scooter rack on the roof, it took me a while because it is really heavy and I was lifting it over my head. I didn’t think I was going to be able to do it, but I managed. Once I got that done, I raked out the pea gravel in the back of the shed and recycled some more of the wall mortar pieces, raked the gravel back over and moved the steel shelf to the back of the shed. My recycling baskets are on one of the shelves and miscellaneous stuff on the others. The patio looks so much better without that shelf, plus I needed it’s space to be able to walk around that outside corner once the shade cloth goes up. 

I was just cleaning up my mess when Pam and Ralph arrived. He brought sand and got the brick laid out in place. All we need now is fresh mortar and the bricks to be mortared in, and that project will be done. 

While I was cleaning up stuff on the patio, I decided to toss the bulbs that Leslie had given me a while back. They weren’t doing anything. I wasn’t hopeful when I planted them, but when I pulled them out of the soil, some of them had started roots! So I bummed a pot off Vicki so I wouldn’t have to go buy one, and repotted them in a real pot and set them out. Will be interesting to see what they finally do. My willow seeds haven’t done anything yet. I’m thinking they aren’t going to. So I need to go get a couple of cuttings. I still want the trumpet vine cuttings too. We’ll see how ambitious I am at walk time this morning. I can get at least one of them.

Today’s project(s) is to finish using up the mortar pieces. I still have one side of the shed that needs to be done, and I have decided that I will make a base for the chiminea with the rest of it. I’m going to put a half circle by the far side fence a little ways up from the bird feeders and put the chiminea there. I have to say, the yard is looking pretty good. Once the patio extension is done, I will need to get a couple of pavers and put in a low step on the front end. If I know me, I will be using the roll up section as the door way, and a step will be required at the end. I’m saving all the indoor projects for when it is too hot to work outside. 

My hip isn’t happy this morning. A little worse than yesterday, but surprisingly, my back seems to be ok. I really do need to walk tho. And I need to get the scooter out and take a ride, but I have been so busy with other things. Soon I won’t be able to go outside for any length of time, it will just be too hot. 

No jewelry creations yesterday. So much for my goal of making something 5 days a week. But I will try again when the big projects are finished and I can slow down a little. I am considering what I am going to make next. Maybe my copper sun for the shed. 

Well, I need to get moving. It will warm up fast this morning and I have to walk today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment