Sunday, April 12, 2015

A somewhat quiet weekend so far

Not much new and exciting here. Got myself showered and dressed and off to the hardware store to return the knobs that didn’t fit in the shower. Hit a couple of yard sales on the way back. Didn’t find much of anything. All the good stuff is gone for the season. It will start back up in the fall when people come back.

I’m thinking about taking a road trip once it is just me. I haven’t been able to go anywhere or do anything that takes me away for more than an hour for several months now. I have a friend in Temecula CA that invited me to her park for a couple of days. I think I am going to take her up on it. Her park even has a pool, a jewelry workshop, and more. I need to do something fun very soon. I am just about done with projects on the house. One more project, a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and I should be good for a while. Found one on ebay that I like, but there is some sort of problem with my shipping address so I haven’t been able to check out.

Have decided to leave the bird feeders where they are because of the mourning doves. I don’t want them any closer to the house than they are, and I really don’t want them at the feeders at all, but there isn’t much I can do about it. They will eat anything, including the rabbit pellets. They empty the feeders in about half a day. They are the pigs of the desert and I seem to have a whole flock of them. I have had a couple of quail coming in first thing in the morning. My first. They are elsewhere in the park, but you don’t see many of them on this street for some reason.

Just got another call on Ody. This one from Vermont…go figure. 

My seat covers for the car came yesterday. Got them washed last night and will put them on today. Ordered a couple more sun shields on eBay for the side windows to try and keep the sun out. I am going to have to completely undress the car every time I go out now. The new tire covers for Ody fit beautifully, and the old ones fit the car perfectly. So the tires on the car are now covered.

Today I am going to thin the tomato plants and pot up some green onion shoots. I have a few other small projects to do, but can’t think what they are at the moment. They may or may not get done. 

Kali Cat is about the same. She will eat food as long as there isn’t any medicine in it. She gets a little of it in her, but not enough to get her whole pill. But is very fussy about the food she will eat. She isn’t eating the cheap stuff any more now. Sigh…this is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment