Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tree maintenance

Got a bunch of paperwork done first thing yesterday, then got showered and dressed and went to Monday morning coffee at the club house. There was quiche! I had  a little piece even tho I had just had my rice cake. I did stay away from the cinnamon coffee cake tho. Then I was off to do errands and a little shopping.

I also stopped at Salvation Army and got both a shredder and a table top humidifier plus a couple of sleeveless tops. Then I came back, put it all away and got started on the grapefruit berm. I ended up not needing the shovel, only used the rake. I enlarged the berm and put in a new rock surround. Had to use the rocks that were at the bottom of the front fence and I will have to eventually replace those or remove the rest of them. Today I am going to reprogram the controller so that the tree gets a lot more water.

The tree when I moved in, and today...


I tried to buy some mulch for the tree, it was recommended that it be used, but I guess you can't buy mulch in Q. Considering buying several bags of soil with a large organic matter content. That is what much ends up being eventually anyway. I need to add something because there isn't much soil over the roots.

Today’s project is to cut the reed fence and finish installing that. If that goes smoothly, I may move on to another project. No rush, it is supposed to be cooler for several days. But I would like to get all the outside stuff done while we have the cooler temps.

Going to try to walk this morning, I didn’t have time yesterday morning. Once it warms up, then I don’t walk, and I am not an evening walker. Still plan to do just half the walk and see how my knees handle it.

I have some laundry to do this morning too because I got a nice twin flannel sheet to use as a summer blanket and a couple of tank tops at Sal’s yesterday. And in the afternoon, Vicki brought a couple of tops and a pair of shorts over. Plus, with the heat, I have been going thru clothes a lot faster.

Kali Cat is pretty much peeing wherever she wants. Most of the time she uses the box, but yesterday and last night she used the shower and went under the desk again. Thankfully I have the pee pads down even tho they look like hell. For a moment, I thought she was going to pee on me in the chair last night, she was in that position. I don’t know how much longer I can deal with this. I’m doing the best I can, but it is starting to become overwhelming. I’m hoping I find all the spots so the house won’t smell like cat pee. I can’t smell it, but that doesn’t mean someone else won’t. Other than the peeing issue, she is eating the new food and acting more like herself.  I ended up sleeping in the recliner in the living room last night because I didn’t want her in the bedroom peeing on the carpet. I can’t just close the door because she will just sit there and scratch at it all night and since it is a hollow door, it is very loud and annoying. It just seems as if it is never ending. Not that I want her gone, I don't. But I also am weary of dealing with a sick kitty, being a caregiver. It is the world's worst job.

No comments:

Post a Comment