Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas dinner and trailer

I made it through yesterday and the dinner last night. I stayed long enough to eat and be polite. At least I wasn’t the first one to leave. There was a lot of food, and I got to meet the spouses of my co-workers.

It was a very long day yesterday, wasn’t busy enough to make it go faster. My hip is bothering me again, so that made it that much longer. Plus, I had dressed for the dinner and they weren’t my most comfortable clothes. Why is it that anything that looks good is uncomfortable?

Feeling a little better about the job this week other than the fact that it truly does exhaust me. I have nothing left at the end of a day. Once I sit down, my day is over. I did manage to get my lunches made for the next two days. 

Last night was the first time I had been out after dark. I have a lot of lights on my dashboard! And without the reflective street signs, I would have had a hard time getting home. Couldn’t see my usual landmarks.

My router for the internet and my weather station came yesterday, but I won’t have the time or energy to even open them until Sunday.

We picked up a wind last night and this is the warmest night we have had in a long time. It is a one night deal tho from the looks of the weather report. We are going to get cold, down into the 20’s next week. I’m going to have to wear more layers at work as the register is right by the open door. It is a roll up door and is open all the time. There are heaters, but I don’t know how effective they are. I haven’t used mine yet.

I’m starting out tired this morning. Not my best night’s sleep. Could have been all the food I ate and I did have some dessert. That was probably a mistake.

I looked at the trailer that I am thinking about buying last night. I think it will work. Just wish it were a few inches taller, I can almost stand up straight. It has a generator, batteries and a 120 watt solar panel. The walls have been insulated already but the ceiling has not. I would have to remove the platform they used as a bed and build my own, but it would basically be finish work. It also has a boot for the tire so it can’t be hauled off. It has a few dents and scratches as it got blown over by a microburst a couple of years back, but other than that, it is in good shape. It is a 2009. It is small, but I think it would do the trick. Give me a place to sleep and change, etc. 





I would need to find a smaller battery box for the front, this one is wide and would hit the car on a sharp turn. But that shouldn’t be that much of an issue. The inside walls are white and the floor is unfinished, as is the ceiling. It also has a roof vent that I could install a fan in. I’m probably going to buy it. He isn’t in a hurry to sell, so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment