Monday, December 28, 2015

Sneezing and runny nose... :(

I didn’t do a whole lot yesterday. Had a quiet morning with a book, then took a nap about mid day. Once I woke up, I started sneezing and am still sneezing with a runny nose. I guess one too many customers has coughed on me at work and I am fighting a cold. I was hoping it was only dust from the storm the day before, but I guess not. I won’t be going to Monday morning coffee because I don’t want to spread my germs. I do have to go out today as I need food and need to go to the post office. But it will be a quick trip.

I did do two loads of laundry last night. I am so happy that I have a dryer now. One load went in the dryer, the second was hung in the bedroom. It never got warm yesterday, so it wasn’t a good day for hanging clothes outside. I even got brave and ran both the washer and dryer at the same time. Wasn't sure I would be able to since they are both on the same line.

I have to say that I am already sick of the cold. This morning it is 25 degrees. Only supposed to hit 50 or so today, and it looks like it is going to be like this for a while. We have already had unseasonably cold weather this year, for several weeks. Not what I signed up for. 

Thinking I might take down the indoor Christmas stuff today or tomorrow. We’ll see how much energy I have.

That dripping noise started up again last night just as I went to bed, so I ended up spending another night in the chair. Thanks to the Benadryl, I got about five hours sleep. I still have no idea what is causing the noise, but both nights I have heard it, I had done laundry earlier. Of course, I have to do another load today, so I won’t be able to determine if that is the problem.

One bit of excitement yesterday, I got some decent shots of the road runner. I guess since I have been gone more, it likes hanging out in the yard. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye when it was across the street yesterday. It was far enough away that I didn’t spook it when I went to grab the camera. I got a bunch of shots of it. Then later when I went back out in the yard, it had been hanging out under the grapefruit tree. Of course, no camera that time.
Here are some of the better shots.












  
I made my beef stew yesterday, but once again, I put too much quinoa in it so it is more like a beef glop than a stew. But it was still good. I really like the new crockpot, it heats up and cooks much faster than the old one. 

I also spent a few minutes figuring out that I needed an adapter to be able to play movies on the computer and watch them on TV. I don’t even have an HDMI port on the big windows laptop. So I got the adapter ordered so I will be able to watch the movies I got from Mike.  Until then, I just got the latest season of Heartland on DVD and will watch that for a few nights.  Once I get the computer connected to the TV I will see if the computer will play the Region 4 DVD’s of McCloud’s Daughters.

Mike and Judy’s flight was delayed for two hours last night. Their original 8PM flight turned into a 10:30PM flight getting them into Milwaukee around 2:30AM. Then they had to get the truck out of long term parking and drive home from there. Looks like a little over a half hour for the drive. So hopefully they managed to make it home by 3:30AM. And Mike has to work today. He is going to be one tired puppy. I haven’t heard yet if all went well.

Still not sure about the grill. I may get a small table top gas grill and use the gift cards for something else. I really don’t have a spot the electric one can live in when it isn’t being used. The patio is about at maximum capacity without getting cluttered. I want to look at the grills at Herbs. I have the cash bonus I got, plus my discount…and it could travel with me. Plus, it won’t use electricity.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. I’m glad I still have today and tomorrow, maybe I can kick whatever is trying to make me sick. I’m only going to do what I have the energy for, no more. Sleep if I feel like I need it. I will get the store run over early so I can rest the rest of the day. I hate missing coffee, but these people don’t need the germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment