Monday, December 14, 2015

Gifts are done, cards not.

It took all day, $250, and two trips to the store, literally, but I got the Christmas gifts done. Granted, some of the wrapping is less than ideal as I wasn’t really into it and the paper was giving me a hard time. I got everything boxed up and the shipping labels went on about 7 PM. This morning, they are going to the post office.  It cost me an additional $70 to get everyone’s packages mailed. I had forgotten how expensive shipping has gotten. Next year I will have to do something different. Way too expensive to send packages these days.

I also did up a couple of extra little gifts just in case I need something to give someone here in the park. I don’t expect to, but you never know. I still need to wax and finish up Nevaeh’s vanity tray, maybe I can get that done today. That is the last package I need to finish.

That was pretty much the extent of my day. I started first thing in the morning. I put my iPod on a Christmas station, turned on the fireplace and tree, dug up last year’s list and got it moved over to the mac, and got this year’s recorded and saved. I still have to do cards, but will get those done today. I am having a hard time getting into the spirit this year, and a really hard time dealing with gifts. There has to be an easier way. The wrapping part I am hating more and more every year. Maybe I should just make some cloth bags for everything from now on. I hate wrapping gifts now.

This morning is Monday morning coffee, then the post office and Salvation Army. Then back to do the cards. I will probably run them to the post office this afternoon. I won’t be going out tomorrow until afternoon, and they should be on their way by then.

It rained during the night. I was up for some of it. It was quite windy so my TV antenna was clanging and banging. It stayed relatively warm tho. But tonight and tomorrow night we have a freeze warning. I will have to move some of my plants into the shed. It smells so nice and fresh out there this morning. Of course, the first time we get rain in like forever and I don’t have my weather station setup yet.

Oh, my dryer is rescheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it is actually in Yuma this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will actually come today. But I am not holding my breath either.

No comments:

Post a Comment