Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Peanut, wind, and chicken stalking

Another day not going in the house. Howard says Barbara is feeling better, but is probably still contagious. One more day and it should be safe. 

It was windy enough here yesterday that the mesquite tree that Howard just trimmed, lost a huge branch. Thankfully, it was leaning away from Ody, so it missed her. Didn’t make any noise. One minute it was on the tree, the other, it was down.

I read another book. Ended up getting out my umbrella because it was too windy for the awning and the birds don’t care where you are when they poop. I had to change my shirt at one point.

I’m still a little sniffly, but I am thinking it is the fine dust that is coating everything. Occasional sneezes. Hopefully that is all that it is.

I was really disappointed last night when I turned on the TV to watch DWTS, the channel was gone! No matter what I did, I couldn’t get it to tune in, after days and days of getting that thing fixed, the one channel (that was working the night before) wouldn’t work. So, I finished fixing my dinner and sat down to eat it. Well, after I finished eating and cleaning up the pan and the flatware, I turned off the new light over the sink, and guess what, ABC came back on! It was the light interfering with the TV! Nice to know. I missed a whole half hour of the show. I’m hoping the new feed cables I ordered will solve the problem. If not, I also ordered some filters for the coax line. Worse comes to worse, I just can’t use those lights when I want to watch TV, but am hoping to solve that problem. I have two more of those lights I am going to install, plus two others. Apparently, that is a common problem.

Howard got the light in the bathroom modified last night, but the new bulbs aren’t very bright. I may install one of the new fixtures in there instead. Use that light somewhere else. If there is one room where you need good light, it is the bathroom.

I cooked up some of the beef and some turnip greens in the cast iron pan for dinner last night. It wasn’t bad. I also finished up the leftover veggies from the night before.

Today Howard and I are going to Harbor Freight and the farmers market. I’m pretty good on veggies right now, but it will be nice to go anyway, look around, do something. I didn’t walk yesterday, and need to today.

My new little weather station came yesterday and I got that setup and hung up. I put it where my red clock was, but now need to find a spot for the clock. I don’t have a lot of wall space so I don’t know where I am going to put it. 

Kali Cat went out for a little while yesterday. I walked with her, but I think she will be fine without my constant supervision. She showed no interest in going over the wall. Lots for her to sniff and check out, and she finds the chickens intriguing. They find her annoying. I think she has a bit of a cold. She has sneezed a few times and her nose is a little warm. She should be good by the time we move again.

While Howard and I were sitting on the patio yesterday, Peanut jumped into my lap. Not a big deal, except that he thinks he is a lap dog, and he really isn't! :)

This is the little bird I tried to get a picture of while I was walking the other day. I had never heard of this one.

Well, that is about it. I need to get myself moving. As much as I don’t feel like walking, I need to do at least a mile. It is nice and cool this morning, so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment