Sunday, November 9, 2014

Quiet day

Yesterday was a very quiet day. Other than my walk, 1.64 miles, I didn't do much. It did get up to around 90 degrees, and was a good day to read. I read two books yesterday.

I have done well with my diet since having my A1C checked, but am having to have between meal snacks again because I get hungry eating rabbit food.  But I need to check my blood sugar more than once a week and the test strips are way too expensive. So I just did some research and came up with a less expensive meter and strips. I also ordered a home A1C test that I can just send out to a lab at the beginning of December and see if what I am doing is making a difference.

I will parallel test with the current meter as long as I have strips to see how close they are and how accurate the new meter is. The last one I bought wasn't the least bit consistent. I will put that one in the yard sale. I just want an affordable way to keep an eye on my blood sugar. I don't want to go back on the meds.

I did have a little more energy yesterday, but am dragging today. I didn't sleep well, had lots of strange dreams...at least they weren't Jake dreams this time. Was up at 3:30 after going to bed around 11, and tried to go back to sleep.

I let my phone battery run out over night. Am having a hard time keeping it charged. I did replace the battery a couple of months ago, but it might be time to think about replacing the phone. It is getting old. I wanted to use it until it died. I might look at an android this time. We'll see when the time comes.

Kali Cat has been out this morning. She loves to walk along the ledge around the house. She is acting a lot more like herself. I'm hoping the trip to Q doesn't set her back...then there is the whole moving on thing in the spring time. But maybe I can plan it out so it isn't more than a one day drive and a week in place. The things we do for our babies.....

Time to get showered and dressed and settle in for a hard day of reading. No walk today, it is Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment