Friday, November 14, 2014

Kali Cat update..

Kali Cat was a very good girl at the vets. She didn’t like the ride much in the tin can tracker tho. 



Since I hadn’t driven Howard’s car before and it has been a long time since I have driven a standard, I took the car out and found the vet before I took KC. Figured it would be better for the both of us if I knew where we were going and had the initial drive under my belt. It was only about two miles away, so it wasn’t bad. But it is 4 lane city driving. The car itself is literally a tin can. Old, runs rough, and didn’t want to start when I was ready to take KC to the vet. I kept trying and it finally did. Not sure if it was me or the car. Driving a standard is like riding a bike, you never forget. Need a little more time driving it to smooth out the clutch action tho. A little jerky in 1st and 2nd. Every car is different.

Kali Cat has a thickening bladder wall and a mass in her bladder. He doesn’t know if it is a clot or a tumor. He gave her two shots, one for pain and one slow release antibiotic. She has to go back on the 24th. For another hundred bucks, they would do a full workup on her, but at 18 years old, I don’t think that would be a wise way to spend the money. I have been doing some research and there is  a supplement that I can get to help. It should help prevent future flare ups if it isn’t a tumor. If it is a clot, it should be gone when she goes back. We’ll see what he has to say a week from Monday. 

I am beginning to think that I will never get out of Yuma. It doesn't seem to want to let me go. My time here keeps getting added on to. I had only planned to stay a week, and I am already in my third week. I wanted to be in Q before Thanksgiving. Don't know if I will be able to manage that or not.

Actually being out and driving a car yesterday reinforced the fact that I really need a set of wheels. The scooter is going to be better than foot, but a car is really my best option. Once Ody is set up, it is too much of a pain in the ass to break everything down just to run to town. Plus, she is 26 feet (plus two) of limited visibility and lumbering weight. Not an around town car. Add to that a sickly kitty, just not fun, and for the most part, not worth it. She is great to get from point A to point B, but nothing more than that.

Oh, also the first time I have driven since I got my new glasses, it was fine. I wasn't even aware of them while driving. Gotta get some wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment