Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The jeep is finally sold

Yesterday was another day exactly like the two days before. I got up and got myself dressed, went for my walk, and that was about it for the day. I read two more books. 

Howard took Barbara to the doctors yesterday and she has pneumonia. They gave her a couple of shots and some meds, and hopefully she will start feeling much better.

I walked 2.4 miles yesterday. I was shooting for two miles, but I walked along the canal which took me further than I had planned. It was ok, the new Teva’s make a huge difference.

Kali Cat climbed the mesquite tree yesterday. Of course, got herself up, but couldn’t get down. I had to get out the ladder and rescue her after she slipped trying to get down. All is well, we both made it out unscathed.



I got to watch Dancing With The Stars last night without incident, but fell asleep the last half of Castle, so will have to watch the last half of that online. I woke up just as they were slipping the rings on their fingers, but I don’t know how they got there. 

The latch on my screen door broke the other day, so I asked Howard if he would take me to get a new one. I also need to stop at a market, I am all out of fruit and could use a few other things. I wish that damned scooter would get here so I could head to Q and get settled. Everything else I ordered has either arrived or will be here today. I am beginning to feel like I am overstaying my welcome, even tho they say otherwise. I want to be in Q and on my own before Thanksgiving.

Just called them. I am not happy…it looks like I won’t see the scooter until the end of NEXT week. :( I could have driven there and picked it up for less money and a lot less time than what it takes them to ship it. I don’t understand why it takes so long to ship something. It is only in Illinois. Grrrr…..I will have to talk it over with Howard later today. Maybe there is something we can work out, or I can sit here for another week and a half. :( I can’t cancel it, I am not willing to pay a 30% fee on $1300. That is almost $400 for absolutely nothing. I actually hung up on the woman. She wasn’t very nice and wasn’t the least bit sympathetic. Whatever happened to “the customer is always right”? Their argument was it takes ten to fifteen business days. They aren't sitting in someone's driveway waiting. That is the only thing that is holding me up from moving on and getting settled for the winter.

So, I figured since I had one nasty phone call under my belt this morning, that I would make another..I called Brighton Garage about my car. He is buying it outright…3k. A hell of a deal for him, but I am done screwing around. I need it sold. I wanted 4k. Oh well. 

Here is a video of KC in the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment