Friday, November 28, 2014

Just another day

My Thanksgiving dinner consisted of chicken, sweet potato and squash. I fired up the generator and used my convection microwave. Thought about using my electric oven, but still would have had to fire up the generator for that. Since I cleared all the pots and pans out of the microwave, it has become much easier to use. Might as well get rid of the electric oven too, unless I can find a good storage spot for it.

I wasn’t as ambitious yesterday as I had been feeling in the wee hours. I did get the screen house set up, the base all weighted down with rocks, and got my chairs and the bike off the back of Ody. By the time I got all that done, I was out of ambition. I spent the afternoon sitting in the screen house in the sun, just enjoying the 70 degree temps. I didn’t get a nap, didn’t walk, didn’t do much of anything.



I spotted a squirrel around the dove block, and just as it started getting dark, I am pretty sure I saw a rabbit run from there as well. Will have to keep a closer eye on it. I would like to get a seed feeder to hang on the pole too. I have one little bird that isn’t a hummer that is going after the hummer juice, had them both on there at the same time yesterday, and of course, no camera in hand.

After I got the screen house set up and the bottom all weighted down, I took Kali Cat out. She was fine for about two minutes, then started crying. Then she peed…crying the whole time, so I brought her back in. Will take her out for a few minutes each day and see if she will get used to it. I have to carry her because I set the screen house up behind the car in the sun instead of in the shade by Ody. But it gives me a whole extra room that is bigger than anything inside. 


Today I will start hauling stuff out of my bunk space, hopefully get the bed moved and the dinette set up. Will put everything in the screen house until I can get it sorted, figure out what to get rid of and what to keep. I need to go thru all my cupboards and pull out the stuff I haven’t used in three months and get rid of it. Same with my clothes. See if I can’t make things easier. I really don’t want to use my shower as storage, but may have to at some point. I will avoid that as long as I can. 

I do need to walk first tho. So, a walk, then a bed and dinette. Not planning on going anywhere, but at some point need to figure out where I can take my trash, and hoping to find a real internet connection and maybe a larger propane tank. I use a quarter tank already because I had been using the furnace. So no more furnace. Need the propane for the fridge and freezer. I want to move Ody as little as possible while we are here. I will research those later.

I started to watch the parade on TV, but the channel I was on didn’t show the parade, they were featuring all the broadway musicals, and that wasn’t what I was after. I wanted to see the floats and marching bands, not a variety show. I was disappointed. Oh well. It felt like just another day instead of a holiday. 


2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to see you made it to Q and are getting settled in for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete