Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Productive day

Well, a full day yesterday. I got in my walk, did just a hair over two miles. Stopped and bought myself some dates on the way back. Once I rested a few minutes from my walk, I got started on emptying out the tool box on the back of Ody and getting that removed. Done. Wasn’t as bad as I though it was going to be. I got most everything relocated and put the two milk crates aside with a few things to go in the car. Got the phone call about the car while I was working on the tool box. 

Off we went to pick up Firefly. On the way there, Howard spotted a tarantula in the middle of the road. We stopped and took some pics, and held up traffic so it could get across safely. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, I was more curious and impressed than scared. :) It isn’t very fast, kind of just lumbers along. 



https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204006370812047&l=6774628333373078809  This is a short video of him crossing the road.

Got Firefly, and off we went to the insurance company a few miles away. That actually worked out quite well. I picked that one because it was near the car and it is  a good thing, I had to sign papers and they were supposed to look at the car. Well, Ruby, my new agent, was out for the day. They could’t find my folder…I was not impressed by the whole procedure, but it got done.  They didn’t bother to go out and look at the car. Go figure. Then to motor vehicle which was also within a mile or so. Got the thing registered and I even got a brand new title while I was right there. I have never gotten a title the same time I registered. I have always had to wait weeks for it to come in the mail. I have a pretty Arizona plate.

We drove back the back way since it was really my first time driving her. Went to a couple of places looking for a wiring harness and security cables I will need to tow her with, but they were very expensive and Howard thinks he can make them for a lot less. So that is what we are going to do.

Got Firefly back and into the yard, she barely fit, and wouldn’t have if I hadn’t removed the tool box. 


I may pull Ody ahead, but the tree is right by the door, so the dead branches on the tree will have to come down before I do that. I don’t want them rubbing on her hood. Got the stuff I had set aside into the back of Firefly, discovered the back doesn’t lock and the blower for the heat and air doesn’t work. We are going to see if we can get those fixed before I leave. The heat works, just no blower. Maybe it is just a fuse.

Kinda strange driving a standard after all these years. I can’t remember the last time I owned a standard. I only stalled it once when I was backing up.

Today we are going to Mexico. That will be interesting. Howard has his carving class this morning, so we won’t be going until afternoon. That will give me time to walk, it won’t be as far as yesterday because we will be walking this afternoon. I don’t want to end up with aching hips like I did last week. Saturday is the local balloon festival. I am hoping for some good photos. And I want to spend some time on Firefly and see if I can get the stuff that doesn’t work fixed. She is a beater, mainly for getting from point A to point B, so not everything has to work. But I am hoping I can get it all working anyway.  I am going to have to get a hitch adapter for the back of the car so the scooter rack will go on. Plus another locking hitch pin for the scooter rack too. 

I’m pretty sure the scooter isn’t going to be here by the time I leave. :( I will have to come back and get it after it is delivered. Although, I am just about ready to contact the credit card company and make a complaint and try to get my money back. I really do want the scooter, it’s purpose has changed since I bought Firefly, but I plan on using it. Plus,  have already ordered the rack for it. I am going to sell the bicycle. It is way too heavy to lift up on the back of Ody, and I really don’t want to hurt myself. And I don't ride it.

I need to get a steering wheel cover, it is very slippery and I have small hands. Plus I want to get a couple of cheapie seat covers for the front seats. Spend a few minutes figuring out the stereo and the anti theft device. I also want to figure out how to open the top. There isn’t any AC, so I really need to get the fan working. I was getting quite warm driving back yesterday in the sunshine. A little extra air movement will help. Howard says Pep Boys will have what I need.

It is cold this morning. 48 degrees. Only 58 inside here. I just got out my electric heater, but am waiting to get it going because I just turned on the hot water heater for my shower. I don’t know if I can run both at the same time. 

Well, I guess that is about it for this morning. Hopefully, I will have lots of pictures later from Mexico. It will most likely be my only foray on foreign soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment