Tuesday, August 5, 2014


I spent most of yesterday reorganizing and freeing up some space in Ody. I pulled the extra pillows from the bed and filled the shams with miscellaneous fabric items. I put the rest of the sheets and Jake's quilt under the mattress and my two spare fuzzy blankets on top of the mattress - under the top quilt. That in itself freed up two bins or more. I also sorted the two bins of clothes down to one. I actually made quite a bit of room. 

The new kennel came and I got that set up and installed. I might still have room for the AC, but I am second guessing my decision to buy it at this point. I may just try to sell it, and if it doesn't sell, load it up.

I also got the last of the outdoor stuff and butane and gel fuel into a bin and into the outside storage compartment. I actually got quite a bit accomplished. The new shower head came, I installed that and the suction cup soap dishes, and the waterproof camera came and I played with that for a little while. It actually came with an 8g SD card in it, not sure if that was supposed to or not, but I am not complaining. I ordered a 32g for it that will be here later, but the smaller one at least allows me to use it. Seems like a nice little camera and comes with a neck strap like the big cameras do instead of a wrist strap like most of the smaller cameras. It should be very handy. Got my dry bag for my phone too. It actually works thru the bag. Go figure. I just ordered a couple of floating glasses straps. That was another thing I was afraid of dropping while on the water, my prescription sunglasses. That would really suck.

Albert came over and started removing screws from the courtyard fence. So I guess that will be gone by today or tomorrow. And they cleaned up the mess next door by the fence yesterday, so I don't have to look at a bunch of pallets and trash. Yay. :) They have it all stacked over in the back corner, so I guess that is what I will do here. Let the dozer take care of it.

I think I am just about ready to finish moving the kitchen stuff into Ody. I fixed all three meals out there yesterday. I didn't cook, had leftover burger for a salad last night, nachos for lunch. Although I am still using the ice machine and the toaster oven, but those can be last minute loads. Plus, I have this computer and the internet connection in here. Those will be very last minute.

If, down the road I do decide to get a little trailer, I would move all the craft and jewelry stuff out and have at least one of the bunks back. Then I could move my bed back and have a kitchen table again. I didn't think I would miss it, but now that I am in there, I kinda do. But either way, yesterday's work improved the situation. I will probably be arranging and rearranging for a while.

I had more energy and felt a little better yesterday. Maybe I had a mild bug of some sort. I still have issues with motivation and ambition, but I do what needs to be done and I think I will be ready when the time comes. I did sleep a little better last night since it was cooler.

Iola will be here to start digging perennials in a little while, then I am going to her place for the afternoon and dinner. UPS tried to pick up the cat kennel I am returning, but they were early, and I didn't even know they had been here until I came back to the building. :( So I need to stick around for that to make sure they get it today. Hopefully they will be early today too. But most likely because I want them to, they won't. In which case, I will have to go looking for them.

I haven't been to the post office since Thursday and I need to put some gas in the car before I go anywhere. The only other thing I would like to get done is get the washer and dryer posted for sale. I can find someone in the next week or so that will let me use their washer and dryer, and since I still have the car, that makes that much easier.  

Definite progress, and I feel like I just might meet the deadline. Was wondering there for a while. The extra week does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment